The Meeting of Experts on Institutional Strengthening of the Convention took place on 16 August 2018, at the Palais des Nations, in Room XVII.
MX5 will be chaired by Mr. Otakar Gorgol of the Czech Republic and will discuss the following topic:
- Consideration of the full range of approaches and options to further strengthen the Convention and its functioning through possible additional legal measures or other measures in the framework of the Convention.
- BWC/MSP/2018/MX.5/1 - Provisional agenda for the Meeting of Experts on Institutional strengthening of the Convention - Submitted by the Chair
- BWC/MSP/2018/MX.5/2 - Background information document on institutional strengthening of the Convention - Submitted by the Implementation Support Unit
- BWC/MSP/2018/MX.5/WP.1 - Investigation framework to strengthen the Biological Weapons Convention - Submitted by Japan
Presentations and statements
- BWC/MSP/2018/MX.5/WP.4 - Institutional Strengthening of the Convention - Submitted by the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela on behalf of the Non-Aligned Movement and other States Parties to the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention
Presentations and statements made during MX5 will be posted here, if provided by the presenter.
Agenda item 4