Book Launch - Demolishing Development Myths
Date: 28 June 2017
12:30 - 14:00
Location: Library Events Room
Category: Book Launch
Wednesday, 28 June 2017, 12:30 - 14:00
UNOG Library Events Room B-135
Palais des Nations, Geneva
Many elements of current development orthodoxy lead to policies that can inhibit the achievement of the SDGs. But there is a vast and rich tradition of alternative approaches to economic development that have proved to be vital to the improvement of the human condition. In a discussion based around the recent book “Handbook of Alternative Approaches to Economic Development” (edited by Erik Reinert, Jayati Ghosh and Rainer Kattel, Edward Elgar 2016), panelists will pick up on some of the most important issues relevant to contemporary debates.
- Rainer Kattel, Professor, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia, and Visiting Professor UCL, London
- C. P. Chandrasekhar, Professor and Dean of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
- Xavier Carim, Ambassador of South Africa and Chair of General Council of WTO
- Katja Hujo, Senior Research Co-ordinator, UNRISD
- Richard Kozul-Wright, Director of Division on Globalisation and development Strategies, UNCTAD
The discussion will be moderated by
- Jayati Ghosh, Professor, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
For those without an access badge, registration for this event is obligatory.
Interested participants are invited to register on-line before 28 June 2017.