"So What?" Series - Interactive Dialogue about the 2030 Agenda
Date: 1 June 2017
16:30 - 18:00
Location: WIPO New Building, Room 0.107
Category: 'So What? Series' - SDGs
The “So What” Series is an interactive dialogue that explores the intersectorality of the 2030 Agenda by exploring the linkages between two seemingly unrelated SDGs. These events aim to promote an integrated, horizontal approach to SDG action.
This iteration will feature Gender (SDG 5) and Innovation (SDG 9). Innovation, when approached with a gender lens, can enable the empowerment of women. And women, when given an equal opportunity, are great contributors to innovation and entrepreneurship. Experts will discuss how this complimentary relationship can be put into practice to deliver on these two important dimensions of sustainable development.
- Her Excellency Ms. Beatriz Londoño Soto, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Colombia to the United Nations Office and other international organizations in Geneva
- Mr. Michael Møller, Director General, United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG)
- Mr. Francis Gurry, Director General, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- Mrs. Hélène Fueger, Delegate for Equal Opportunities, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
- Mr. Julio Raffo, Senior Economic Officer, Innovation Economics Section, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- Ms. Landiosa Sitraka, Tafangy, Social Entrepreneur, Doctor Air Traffic Controller, Madagascar (by video conference)
- Ms. Nadia Isler, Director, SDG Lab
The number of seats are limited. Please register at: www.sdglab.eventbrite.com
This event takes place at WIPO, New Building, Room 0.107, Chemin des Colombettes 34, 1202 Geneva.