Open Day at UNOG on Saturday 24 October 2015 - Practical Information
Access for people with disabilities
- The Palais will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., when the last entries are accepted. Visitors will have until 6 p.m. to visit the grounds and the Palais.
- All are welcome. A valid identification document (passport, ID card or driving licence) will be necessary to enter the premises; visitors aged up to 13 years do not need an ID but have to be accompanied.
- The public will be able to access the grounds of the Palais via of the entrances near Place des Nations, according to the rating implementation.
- A trolley bus will circulate on the grounds throughout the day, enabling visitors to get on and off at stops located in the park.
- It is strongly recommended to use public transport to reach the Place des Nations. The Transports public genevois (TPG) are offering a free shuttle service from Cornavin train station to the Place des Nations and back all day, every 20 minutes, starting at 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. (Last departure from Nations).
- People using standard size wheelchairs, namely non-electric, can access public areas of the Palais building at Door 20 (Ariana Park Side).
- People using wheelchairs can access public areas of the Palais building at Door 21 (Ariana Park side).
- All visitors and participants are kindly asked to bring valid ID with photo.
- Security checks will be carried out at the entrance. Visitors should avoid bringing bulky bags and cases.
- Pets are not permitted to enter, except for guide dogs.
- The cafeteria will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with full service (except rotisserie).
- The Serpent Bar will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with service including hot and cold drinks, homemade sandwiches, panini, dessert, snacking and ice creams.
- The pasta corner (Serpent Bar) in Building E will be open from 11.30 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.
- There will be water fountains in the Ariana park.