The 2019 Meeting of the High Contracting Parties to the Convention will take place from 13 to 15 November 2019 in Room XIX at the Palais des Nations. Ambassador Khalil-ur-Rahman Hashmi of Pakistan will chair the Meeting.
CCW/MSP/2018/11 - Final version of the Final Report of the 2018 Meeting of the High Contracting Parties to the CCW
- Provisional Agenda
CCW/MSP/2019/2 - Provisional Programme of Work and Annotations
CCW/MSP/2019/3 - Report of the CCW Sponsorship Programme
CCW/MSP/2019/CRP.1 - Further suggested measures that could be considered to improve the stability of the Secretariat’s support to the Convention and on financial issues related to the Convention and its annexed Protocols
CCW/GGE.1/2019/3 - Report of the 2019 session of the Group of Governmental Experts on emerging technologies in the area of lethal autonomous weapons systems
CCW/MSP/2019/4 - 2020 Meeting of the Group of Governmental Experts on Emerging Technologies in the area of Lethal Autonomous Weapons Systems (LAWS)
CCW/MSP/2019/5 - 2020 Meeting of the High Contracting Parties to the Convention
CCW/MSP/2019/6 - Biennial budget: Summary of the estimated costs for 2020 and 2021 CCW meetings and conferences
CCW/MSP/2019/7 - Preparatory Committee for the 2021 Sixth Review Conference of the High Contracting Parties to the CCW
CCW/MSP/2019/8 - Sixth Review Conference of the High Contracting Parties to the CCW
Registration of Participants
All participants to the meeting must be properly registered.
For individuals with a valid United Nations grounds pass (members of Permanent Missions, etc.) registration in Indico is not necessary. Permanent Missions however need to send a note verbale to the CCW mailbox (firstname.lastname@example.org), informing of their participation and listing the full names and titles of the members of the delegation. The head of the delegation should be indicated clearly. Note verbales are to be sumbitted to email@example.com by 6 November 2019.
Individuals who do not have a valid United Nations grounds pass (e.g. participants from capitals) need to register through the Indico platform (self-registration) by 12 November 2019.
- A user guide is available for reference. For technical questions (e.g. non-receipt of confirmation of account creation or non-receipt of QR code) kindly contact directly firstname.lastname@example.org
- A note verbale (for High Contracting Parties and signatory States) or a signed letter on the official letterhead of the organization (for international organizations, NGOs and academic institutions) needs to be attached to the Indico registration. The note verbale/letter has to list the full names, titles and functions of the members of the delegation and indicate clearly the head of the delegation. If the requested document is not attached, the system will reject the application. Letters which are not signed will also not be accepted.
- Once participants are registered and approved by the system, their profile will remain and they will only have to update it if needed. The registration process is automated. Once the registration is received, it will be reviewed and an automated response will be sent. Once the application has been approved in Indico, you will receive via e-mail an e-ticket / QR code. Only representatives who have registered online and whose names have been properly included in the note verbale/letter submitted in Indico will be granted an access badge.
- Grounds passes valid for the duration of the Meeting will be available for collection from the Pass and Identification Unit at the Pregny Gate of the Palais des Nations. Participants are advised to come to the Pregny Gate well in advance to allow enough time for security checks.
- Delegations from States and international organisations can collect their passes as from 12:00 on Tuesday 12 November 2019. Please bring a copy of the delegations’ letter or note verbale or the e-ticket / QR code received after successful Indico registration, in order to speed up the process.
- Civil society representatives can collect their badges in person from 08:00 on Wednesday 13 November 2019. A valid passport or national identification card will have to be produced along with the confirmation from Indico.
The registration will be closed on Indico by 12 November 2019. Note verbales are to be submitted to email@example.com by 6 November 2019.
This side event schedule
provides an overview of all the planned side events during the CCW 2019 Meeting of the High Contracting Parties (13-15 November).