Credentials of permanent representatives are issued either by a Head of State or Government, or by a Minister for Foreign Affairs. They are addressed to the Secretary-General of the United Nations and handed to the Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva during the presentation of credentials ceremony.
Through a press release issued by the Information Service, the United Nations Office at Geneva then notifies the directors and/or secretaries-general of the specialized agencies concerned.
- Submit a copy of credentials and a CV of the permanent representative-designate to the UNOG Protocol and Liaison Service firstname.lastname@example.org / or fax +41 22 917 0000.
- UNOG Protocol and Liaison Service will convene a date for the credentials presentation ceremony with the office of the Director-General and a respective permanent mission.
- Upon arrival, the permanent representative-designate will be greeted by the Chief of Protocol at Door 4.
- The permanent representative-designate hands the ORIGINAL letters to the Director-General who receives them on behalf of the Secretary-General. An official photographer will be present at the ceremony.
- A press release issued by the Information Service of the United Nations Office at Geneva will be posted on the UNOG website. The Host country as well as UNHQ are informed by UNOG Protocol of the new appointment.
A template of credentials can be obtained through email@example.com
See latest Presentations of Credentials at UNOG