The Visitors' Service, UNOG, is now recruiting. Please read the information below and kindly send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 April 2017. Thank you.
The selection criteria to apply for the position of Tour Guide at the Visitors’ Service of UNOG is the following:
1. Candidates must be at least 21 years old.
2. Candidates need to possess a Bachelor’s degree.
3. Candidates need to possess a valid residence permit for Switzerland.
4. Candidates need to be fluent in three languages minimum (French, English and at least one other language)
5. Candidates must be interested in the history and activities of the United Nations.
Candidates will need to take a three hour written examination about the history and the activities of the United Nations and the United Nations Office at Geneva. The examination can be taken in French or in English (a text is given to prepare for the examination).
In a second phase, successful candidates will be asked to come in for an interview during which substantive questions will be asked and fluency in the given languages will be tested.
Please note that candidates who do not meet the above-mentioned criteria will not be taken into consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you.