On busy days, the Visitors' Service may need to close before its scheduled closing time. This does not concern pre-registered groups. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Be one of the 120,000 visitors who take the tour of the Palais des Nations each year and learn about the United Nations and the United Nations in Geneva.
Duration of the tour;
The guided tour of the Palais des Nations lasts for one hour.
for group reservations, the Visitors' Service offers 14 languages. Please kindly contact us.
tours for individual visitors are offered in English at 10.30am, 12noon, 2.30pm and 4pm. Tours in French are usually guaranteed at 2.30pm. For languages other than English and French, please contact us in the morning of your intended visit.
What you will see, depending on our daily schedule of meetings:
- The Human Rights and Alliance of Civilizations Room, decorated by famous artist Miquel Barcelò.
- The Salle des Pas Perdus, from which you can see the Celestial Sphere and the monument commemorating the conquest of outer space.
- The Assembly Hall, the largest room in the Palais des Nations.
- The Council Chamber, where many important historical negotiations have taken place, with murals by José Maria Sert.(available irregularly)
- Gifts presented by various countries to the United Nations Office at Geneva.
- During the tour, our tour Guides will inform about the current activities of the United Nations. They will also talk about the history of the Palais des Nations, formerly the headquarters of the League of Nations.
How to find us
When can you visit the Palais des Nations in 2020?
We are open Monday to Friday from January to December.
Tickets are sold on the day at the ticket booth in front of the entrance. You will then need about 40 minutes to go through security before accessing the Visitors' Service inside the compound at Door 39, Building E.
Ticket booth opening hours;
Mornings: 9.30am to 11.45am
Afternoons: 1.30 pm to 3.45pm
Mornings: tours start at 10.30am and at 12 noon
Afternoons; tours start at 2.30 pm and 4pm
On Mondays, the first tour for walk-in visitors is at 12 noon
Important special notices;
Monday 24 February 2020: we are closed in the morning and will conduct tours for groups with reservations only in the afternoon. No tours for walk-in visitors throughout the day.
Tuesday 25 February 2020: No tours for walk-in visitors throughout the day, groups with reservations will have access the whole day.
Wednesday 26 February 2020: no tours for walk-in visitors in the morning, groups with reservations will have access. Open to all in the afternoon.
We thank you for your understanding.
The Visitors' Service will be OPEN on Friday 10 April (Good Friday) and on Monday 13 April 2020 (Easter Monday)
On busy days, the Visitors' Service may need to close before its scheduled closing time.This does not concern pre-registered groups. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Visitors must enter at the Pregny Gate of the Palais des Nations at 14, avenue de la Paix.
Access will only be granted upon presentation of a valid identification document recognized by the UN, i.e. a passport issued by a State recognized by the UN General Assembly or an ID card issued by a Schengen Member State.
Public transport: lines 8, 28, F, V and Z stop at "Appia"; lines 5 and 11 stop at "Nations";
Tramway 15 Terminus "Nations".
Tour fees for 2019
- Adults: CHF 15.- per person.
- University students, senior citizens and disabled persons: CHF 13.- per person.
- Children and youths (aged 6 to 18): CHF 10.- per person.
- School classes (children and youths aged 6 to 18); CHF 10.- per person *
- Groups (minimum of 20 adults): CHF 13.- per person.
* accompanying adults are free of charge with a maximum of one adult per 10 children or youths . This only applies to schools.
*Reservations are compulsory as of 15 people.
*The Visitors' Service does not take reservations for less than 15 people. Online reservations made for less than 15 people will not be answered.
*Please note that the Visitors' Service needs to be notified of any changes in the number of participants ahead of time.
*If a group is smaller than foreseen and the Visitors' Service is not informed, charges for the initial number of participants will apply. We thank you for your understanding.
For group reservations (for a minimum of 15 persons), please complete our online reservation form (orange button below left) or send us an email on email@example.com
You can also reach us by phone Monday to Friday 9am to 12pm.
Palais des Nations
14, avenue de la Paix
CH - 1211 Geneva 10
Tel: +41 (0)22 917 48 96 or +41(0)22 917 45 39
- On busy days, the Visitors' Service may need to close before its scheduled closing time.This does not concern pre-registered groups. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
- Our tour route and schedule may be affected by the meetings which take place at the Palais des Nations. Some rooms may therefore not be accessible, without prior notice. The Visitors' Service may also need to close at short notice, depending on events taking place at the Palais des Nations.
- For security reasons, visitors may not enter with luggage or large bags.
- All visitors must carry a valid passport (UN Member States and Observer States) or identity card (only identity cards from the Schengen zone are accepted) in order to have access to the Palais des Nations.
- Please note that there might be delays going through security depending on the conference programme of the day.
- Families are welcome. We thank parents for looking after small children.