The Visitors' Service will close on 8 of December end of business and will resume its guided tours on Monday 22 January 2018.
Thank you for your attention.
Be one of the 115,000 visitors who take the tour of the Palais des Nations each year. Our tours are available in more than 15 languages and last for one hour. Please check with us for languages other than English and French.
What you will see, depending on our daily schedule of meetings
When can you visit the Palais des Nations?
- The Human Rights and Alliance of Civilizations Room, decorated by famous artist Miquel Barcelò.
- The Salle des Pas Perdus, from which you can see the Armillary Sphere and the monument commemorating the conquest of outer space.
- The Assembly Hall, the largest room in the Palais des Nations.
- The Council Chamber, where many important historical negotiations have taken place, with murals by José Maria Sert.(available irregularly)
- Gifts presented by various countries to the United Nations Office at Geneva.
- During the tour, our tour Guides will inform about the current activities of the United Nations. They will also talk about the history of the Palais des Nations, formerly the headquarters of the League of Nations.
We are open on weekdays (Monday to Friday) as follows:
: 10 a.m. to 12 noon (tours start at 10:30 a.m. and 12:00 noon)
: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. (tours start at 2:30 p.m. and 4 p.m.)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The Visitors' Service regrets that it often has to close ahead of the above-mentioned schedule due to high demand. We thank you for your understanding.
How to find us
Visitors must enter at the Pregny Gate of the Palais des Nations at 14, avenue de la Paix.
Valid identity documents are required for each visitors.
Public transport: lines 8, 28, F, V and Z stop at "Appia"; lines 5 and 11 stop at "Nations";
Tramway 15 Terminus "Nations".
- Adults: CHF 12.- per person.
- University students, senior citizens and disabled persons: CHF 10.- per person.
- School children and youths (aged 6 to 18): CHF 7.- * per person.
- Groups (minimum of 20 adults): CHF 10.- per person.
* one adult free of charge per group of 20 children
*Reservations are compulsory as of 15 people.
*The Visitors' Service does not take reservations for less than 15 people. Online reservations made for less than 15 people will not be answered.
*Special programmes are available upon request.
*Please note that if you do not inform us of any changes in the number of participants, and your group is smaller than foreseen, we may have to charge you for the initial number of participants.
For group reservations (for a minimum of 15 persons), please complete our online reservation form (orange button below left) or send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also reach us by phone Monday to Friday 9am to 12pm.
Palais des Nations
14, avenue de la Paix
CH - 1211 Geneva 10
Tel: +41 (0)22 917 48 96 or +41(0)22 917 45 39
- Please also note that the demand often exceeds our welcoming capacity. On busy days, we may need to close before our scheduled closing time (this does not concern pre-registered groups). We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
- Our tour route and schedule may be affected by the meetings which take place at the Palais des Nations. Some rooms may therefore not be accessible without prior notice. The Visitors' Service may also need to close at short notice, depending on events taking place at the Palais des Nations.
- For security reasons, visitors should not be carrying luggage or large bags.
- Please note that there might be delays going through security depending on the conference programme of the day.
- Families are welcome. We thank parents for looking after small children. The tour is not suitable for children under the age of 10.