Due to refurbishment work at the entrance of the Palais des Nations (Pregny Gate), arrival procedures and security checks can be delayed.
The Visitors' Service cannot currently guarantee that its daily tours for walk-in visitors will take place on time. The Visitors' Service may also need to close ahead of the times indicated below. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
This does not concern pre-registered groups.
Be one of the 120,000 visitors who take the tour of the Palais des Nations each year and learn about the United Nations and the United Nations in Geneva. Our tours are available in 12 languages and last for 45 minutes to one hour. Please check with us for languages other than English and French.
What you will see, depending on our daily schedule of meetings:
- The Human Rights and Alliance of Civilizations Room, decorated by famous artist Miquel Barcelò.
- The Salle des Pas Perdus, from which you can see the Armillary Sphere and the monument commemorating the conquest of outer space.
- The Assembly Hall, the largest room in the Palais des Nations.
- The Council Chamber, where many important historical negotiations have taken place, with murals by José Maria Sert.(available irregularly)
- Gifts presented by various countries to the United Nations Office at Geneva.
- During the tour, our tour Guides will inform about the current activities of the United Nations. They will also talk about the history of the Palais des Nations, formerly the headquarters of the League of Nations.
How to find us
When can you visit the Palais des Nations?
We are open Monday to Friday as follows
Mornings: 10 am to 12 noon (tours start at 10.30 am and 12 noon)
Afternoons: 2 pm to 4 pm (tours start at 2.30 pm and 4 pm)
Visitors must enter at the Pregny Gate of the Palais des Nations at 14, avenue de la Paix.
Valid identity documents are required for each visitors.
Public transport: lines 8, 28, F, V and Z stop at "Appia"; lines 5 and 11 stop at "Nations";
Tramway 15 Terminus "Nations".
Tour fees for 2019
- Adults: CHF 15.- per person.
- University students, senior citizens and disabled persons: CHF 13.- per person.
- School children and youths (aged 6 to 18): CHF 10.- * per person.
- Groups (minimum of 20 adults): CHF 13.- per person.
* accompanying adults are free of charge
*Reservations are compulsory as of 15 people.
*The Visitors' Service does not take reservations for less than 15 people. Online reservations made for less than 15 people will not be answered.
*Special programmes are available upon request.
*Please note that if you do not inform us of any changes in the number of participants, and your group is smaller than foreseen, we may have to charge you for the initial number of participants.
For group reservations (for a minimum of 15 persons), please complete our online reservation form (orange button below left) or send us an email on email@example.com
You can also reach us by phone Monday to Friday 9am to 12pm.
Palais des Nations
14, avenue de la Paix
CH - 1211 Geneva 10
Tel: +41 (0)22 917 48 96 or +41(0)22 917 45 39
- On busy days, the Visitors' Service may need to close before our scheduled closing time.This does not concern pre-registered groups. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
- Our tour route and schedule may be affected by the meetings which take place at the Palais des Nations. Some rooms may therefore not be accessible, without prior notice. The Visitors' Service may also need to close at short notice, depending on events taking place at the Palais des Nations.
- For security reasons, visitors should not be carrying luggage or large bags.
- Please note that there might be delays going through security depending on the conference programme of the day.
- Families are welcome. We thank parents for looking after small children.