In accordance with ECOSOC resolution 1996/31
, which governs the consultative arrangements between the United Nations and NGOs, accommodation may be provided for conferences or smaller meetings of NGOs with consultative status.
Premises may only be granted for activities that are in keeping with the United Nations purposes and objectives, as defined in the Charter
, and are strictly non-commercial.
Meeting rooms may be requested by non-governmental organizations through the NGO Liaison Unit of UNOG by completing and submitting the following documents at least 6 weeks prior to the planned date of the meeting:
- The form;
- The related terms and conditions
- The agenda and /or concept note of the meeting.
Rooms may be made available for the following purposes:
- For consultations with the Secretariat and/or Governments and/or other Non-Governmental Organizations on matters related to the concerns of the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC);
- For meetings, seminars and conferences related to the concerns of the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC) and involving the participation of one or more sections of the Secretariat;
- For meetings, seminars, conferences and consultations related to the procedures of consultative status.
Rooms cannot be made available for NGOs to:
- Conduct their own organizational business
- Advance its own purpose