All members of the United Nations community as well as researchers from outside the organization are welcome to use our resources and services.
Consulting the Archives
Request for consultation must be made in advance in order to:
- Reserve a seat in the reading room
- Have records for consultation prepared
- Facilitate access to the Palais des Nations
Archivists are available to:
- Discuss research interests
- Provide information on relevant sources
- Arrange an appointment for an on-site visit
Consult our FAQ to make your inquiry:
When sending a reference enquiry:
- Be as specific as possible about your topic
- If your research concerns an individual include full name, previous name, dates, places, etc.
- Be sure to mention sources already consulted
- Please mention any previous contact with staff members
The Archives will provide information about sources relevant to your topic, but due to the number of requests we cannot undertake extensive research.
You can also consult our Research Guides
To reserve a seat in the reading room in order to consult the archives, please complete the following form:
On arrival, users will be asked to present valid identification to the archivist, sign their names, and confirm that they have read and accept the Archives Reading Room User Regulations :