The Library is located inside the United Nations compound in Geneva, in Building B of the Palais des Nations.
Monday - Friday 8.30 a.m. - 5.30 p.m.
The Library is closed on weekends and during UNOG official holidays. It is also closed for the annual inventory at the end of the year. It will be closed to the public also on 7 and 8 June 2018.
Getting to the Palais des Nations
Enter the Palais des Nations through the Visitor's entrance at Pregny Gate, on avenue de la Paix, in front of the International Committee of the Red Cross building. View Map
Getting to the Library
- Enter the Palais des Nations at Pregny Gate. Go through security screening.
- Walk to E Building and enter through Door 40.
- Use the escalator to go one floor up (3rd floor). Continue straight through the glassed Passerelle.
- Turn left at the end of the Passerelle. Enter B Building by following the corridor on your left until its end.
You are at the Library now. The registration and welcome desks are two floors down (1st floor).
Click on the map in order to obtain a detailed PDF version.
Access from Cornavin railway station:
- Bus lines : 8, F, V, Z (“Appia” stop)
- Tramway 15 (“Nations” stop), then a 5 minutes’ walk to Pregny Gate
Access from Cointrin airport:
- Bus lines: 28 (“Appia” stop) or 5 (“Nations” stop) then a 5 minutes’ walk to Pregny Gate.
Other bus lines with stop at “Nations”: 11 and 22.
Reminder for all external users
In order to get to the Library, you must first request access. You must have valid identification (passport, identity card or driving license). Students and researchers should provide a valid student card or a letter of recommendation from their university or research institute. More about Registration for external users
Visitors cars are not allowed in the United Nations car parks. For further information, contact UNOG Security at the Pregny Gate (Tel: +41 (0)22 917 29 53).