To help correspondents in their task of reporting on UN activities, the Information Service extends the following services to international news and media organizations:
- Press credentials to print and audio-visual media representatives on a resident and temporary basis;
- Bi-weekly press briefings, chaired by its Director who also serves as Spokesperson for UNOG the United Nations Office at Geneva (attended by spokespersons from UN specialized agencies and programmes based in Geneva);
- Press conferences and background briefings, organizing interviews;
- Press releases in English and French summarizing UN meetings taking place in Geneva;
- UN television news coverage of events in Geneva, distributed through the European Broadcasting Union and the main international television news agencies;
- Audio material including recordings of conferences, meetings, press conferences and briefings;
- A selection of photographs are also available on request;
- Working facilities including working space in two press rooms (subject to availability of space) with local telephone lines and mail boxes; studios to produce reports and programmes (subject to availability and to the cost of transmission).
N.B.: Correspondents who wish to cover temporarily or permanently UN activities at the United Nations Office at Geneva need to be accredited
by the Information Service.
Correspondents wishing to cover United Nations activities at the UN Office at Geneva (UNOG) on a temporary or full time basis must be accredited by the Information Service
UNTV Geneva covers major UN events in Geneva for broadcast around the world. We provide one camera television studio and unilateral transmission facilities for live interviews with UN officials and accredited journalists' reports. All transmissions are carried out through Eurovision (the European Broadcasting Union, EBU). We also make our news material available for download on our ftp server.
UNTV news stories are also available at: http://www.unmultimedia.org/tv/unifeed/
UNTV features are available at: http://www.unmultimedia.org/tv/unia/
Tel: + 41 (0)22 917 4606
+ 41 (0)22 917 4632
Tel: + 41 (0)22 717 2900
: +41 (0)22 917 6187
: +41 (0) 22 917 05 01
To sign up to our news story mailing list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
UN Radio Geneva
UN Radio Geneva prepares and transmits audio material on major UN events and activities in Geneva for use by UN Radio New York and for broadcast by radio stations around the world. We record major UN meetings, including all press conferences and the bi-weekly press briefings at the Palais des Nations.
We provide recording and production services and can transmit live or recorded audio material for radio stations and accredited journalists.
To book radio facilities, please call +41 (0)22 917 25 66 or +41 (0)22 917 10 77.
UN Radio news stories are available at: http://www.unmultimedia.org/radio/english/
UN Photos Geneva
A limited number of photos on UN activities in Geneva are available in digital format. UN photographs may be reproduced for editorial purposes only.
They may NOT be used in advertising.
All photographs must show the UN Photo credit line.
There is a charge of US$ 50 for each UN photograph used in publications.
There is no charge for photographs used by UN-affiliated non-governmental organizations and United Nations Associations.
UN photos are available at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/unisgeneva/
and at http://www.unmultimedia.org/photo/