Upcoming Business Opportunities
Illumination (light show) of Palais Wilson, Geneva
4 July 2013
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
As part of the activities to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the creation of the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, OHCHR wishes to illuminate its headquarters in Geneva, Palais Wilson, in September. The illumination of the building is part of a series of Geneva activities undertaken by the Office to mark its anniversary, including an Open House Day at Palais Wilson due to take place on Saturday 14 September. The illumination will not only bring visibility to the Office and its anniversary, but it will also give publicity to the Open House Day.
UNOG on behalf of OHCHR wishes to contract the service of a company that can illuminate the front of Palais Wilson facing East.
The company selected to provide this service will :
1. Set up cables and lights to illuminate the building.
The service provider will be given two days to set up the cables, lights and projectors and any other equipment from 29th August 2013, and one day to dismantle on 16th September 2013.
4. Specific information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
2. Set up projectors to projects gobo (Goes before Optics) logos onto the building.
3. Provide the automatic switch on and switch off of the illumination.
4. Ensure the good function and maintenance of the set up throughout the duration of the contract.
5. Contract insurance for any damage caused by its personnel and equipment to the building which is historically classified.
A mandatory on-site visit will take place at Palais Wilson around 24th July.
5. Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form" duly filled in by e-mail to
href="mailto://email@example.com" target="_blank">firstname.lastname@example.org or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 11.07.2013. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
6. Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
7. Tentative bid issuance date: 16th July
8. Mandatory site visit date (if any) : around 24th July
9. Tentative bid response date: 06th AUgust
10. Tentative contract award date: 14th August
11. For system contracts, estimated annual volume: N/A.