Upcoming Business Opportunities
16 October 2012
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
The Economics and Trade Branch is the UNEP-led Green Economy Initiative (GEI) under the Division of Technology, Industry and Economics which assists governments in shaping and focusing policies, investments and spending towards a range of green sectors such as clean technologies, industry, renewable energies, water services, transport, waste management, green buildings, and sustainable agriculture and forests.
As one such activity, in order to promote this Green Economy Initiative, the UNEP/Economics and Trade Branch has produced a comprehensive book entitled "Towards a Green Economy – Pathways to Sustainable Development and Poverty Eradication" in English (referred to as GER Report).
The "Description of the Action" specifies that the GER Report will be reproduced in French and/or Brazilian Portuguese languages.
1. The services required are as follows::
· Camera ready, i.e. fully revised, translations of the "Towards a Green Economy – Pathways to Sustainable Development and Poverty Eradication" (referred to as GER Report) into French and/or Brazilian-Portuguese.
· The translations and the accompanying title page, tables and charts must be typed using a word-processing application (Microsoft Word) and a fair proofread copy for offset printing must be submitted via email and also on DVD.
· UNEP/ETB specifications concerning the format and layout of the typed translations as in the document "Towards a Green Economy – Pathways to Sustainable Development and Poverty Eradication"
· The Contractor shall provide, at its own cost, all equipment, materials and supplies and all labour and services, as well as electronic delivery, of finished products to UNEP/ETB.
· The deadline of 15 January 2013 for full package is set by UNEP/ETB and must be strictly adhered to. Non-compliance with the deadline may constitute breach of contract.
The requirement for translations into French and/or Brazilian-Portuguese and related typing services by the Contractor under the arrangements described herein is approximately 340 000 words from English
4. Specific information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
a. The contractor must have demonstrated experience and capacity in translation, proofreading (including editing), typesetting, layout and design.
b. Ability to provide translation in UN official languages, English, French, Spanish and in addition Brazilian-Portuguese;
c. Prior experience in translation of documents concerning the following subject: environmental issues, economic policies, social and scientific
d. Please provide documents to substantiate the required knowledge and experience in 4.a, 4.b and 4.c.
f. The contractor shall meet the registration requirement as stipulated in point 2 above.
5. Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form" duly filled in by e-mail to email@example.com or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 23/08/2012. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
6. Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
7. Tentative bid issuance date: 31/10/12
8. Mandatory site visit date (if any) :
9. Tentative bid response date: 21/11/12
10. Tentative contract award date: 18/12/12
11. For system contracts, estimated annual volume: