Upcoming Business Opportunities
Upgrading of OHCHR Public Website
16 October 2013
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
OHCHR / IMTS / Web Services Unit requests a contractor to review the technical aspects of the design of the OHCHR website, Extranets and Intranet which are implemented in Microsoft Sharepoint (SP) 2007 / Sharepoint 2010, and to migrate these web applications to Sharepoint 2013.
The successful execution of these projects requires the review of existing templates and CSS files, the development of new CSS files and new templates, a complete documentation and a style guide (based on the UN guide and accessibility standards) for these sites, better compliance with accessibility rules for both sites as well as the technical support for the migration from Sharepoint 2007 to Sharepoint 2013. The contractor will prepare the Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) files and the templates in English and the Web Services Unit will use them as a reference to implement the five other language versions.
The contractor must have experience working with other international organisations or clients of similar size.
In order to evaluate its previous experience with similar projects, the contractor is requested to provide links to the websites (URLs) which they have implemented.
During the development / implementation phases, the contractor will be requested to assign an engineer / developer with high Sharepoint qualifications and experience to work closely with the OHCHR web team at OHCHR premises (around 20 weeks, 2 days per week).
The public website currently consists of 12’000 pages, the extranets have 1’000 pages and the intranet has 1’200 pages.
4. Specific information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
Proposals will be evaluated on the points below:
- Analyze and review the current structure and technical design of the OHCHR website, Extranets and Intranet.
- Analyze the Commission of Inquiry extranets as they are mainly made of Sharepoint lists. These lists are intensively updated off-line using Sharepoint Workspace and then synchronized with the server. The task of the contractor is to provide an analysis of how this scenario can be migrated to Sharepoint 2013.
- Analyze the implication of the migration on all the applications which are using the user profiles.
- Modify existing CSS file(s) as necessary if it is felt that they can be kept.
- Develop and integrate new CSS files for the OHCHR website, Extranets and Intranet in SP 2013
- Develop and integrate new master pages in English for the OHCHR website, Extranets and Intranet in SP 2013
- After analysis, recommend a reduction in the number of templates used at present in both the public website and the intranet.
- Assist with the development of web parts and user controls in SP2013.
- Prepare a detailed migration plan for the migration from SP 2007/2010 to SP2013, including an estimation of the time and resources required for each phase of the project.
- Advise on the best way to automate the transfer of page content from the previous design to the new design, in SP 2013 and identify the tools which will be used to perform the actual migration of the content.
Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form"
duly filled in by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 24/10/2013. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
Tentative bid issuance date: 28.10.2013
Mandatory site visit date (if any) : N/A
Tentative bid response date: 19.11.2013
Tentative contract award date: 03.12.2013
For system contracts, estimated annual volume: N/A