Upcoming Business Opportunities
Web hosting services
19 November 2012
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) located at the Palais des Nations would like to upgrade its website.
This tender is for the provision of webhosting services for a contractual period of three years (2013-2015), with an option to extend for two more years (1 + 1) 2016 and 2017, starting from March 2013. The UNECE’s website is based on TYPO3 and is currently hosted on two machines whereby one machine acts as a Staging system and the other as a Live system this system is not optimal as we are not fully using the available processing power to drive the website. Currently we are on version 4.4.11 (staging) and 4.4.15 (live) the current Long Term Support (LTS) version is 4.5. We would like the new system to be using the latest LTS-version or the latest 4.7 version.
Overall, the aim is to upgrade to a newer version of TYPO3 and a platform with a more suitable architecture to:
4. Specific information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
- Provide the content producers of the UNECE with a uniform and stable web content management environment and
- Provide the UNECE with an online presence that is fast and can recover easily in case of a failure
Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form"
duly filled in by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 03 December 2012. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
Tentative bid issuance date: 11 December 2012
Mandatory site visit date (if any) : N/A
Tentative bid response date: 07 January 2013
Tentative contract award date: 12 February 2013
For system contracts, estimated annual volume: N/A