Upcoming Business Opportunities
Multi-homing Internet Access Service
26 December 2012
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
The Information and Communication Technology Service (ICTS) of the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) would like to have multiple Internet access (multi-homing) in order to guarantee a permanent access to the internet for its clients.
UNOG is currently using two independent Internet Service Providers to provide multi homing internet access services.
Both contracts for the provision of multi-homing internet access services terminate on 31st of March 2013, and we intend on awarding a contract for an initial period of three years, with the possibility of extending the duration of the contract up to a total of five years, at the sole discretion of the United Nations Office at Geneva.
To maintain the access to the internet and increase its quality of service UNOG has decided to continue to outsource this service.
The bidder will connect their internet infrastructure to a 1000Base-TX or will the interface be upgraded to optical (1000BASE-SX Ethernet) located in the UNOG compound. The bidder’s port must support both auto negotiation and 1Gb duplex Ethernet connections.
The equipment currently deployed in UNOG’s premises for connection with the Internet Service Provider is a Cisco Router 7206-VXR with Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 connections (1000BASE-SX Ethernet connections are possible) .
It is to be noted that the equipment mentioned above is UNOG’s property and can be replaced with a similar device at any time during the course of the contract. It is the bidder’s responsibility to ensure the interoperability of their infrastructure with UNOG’s equipment.
ICTS needs multi-homing Internet access service to secure its Internet access against the following:
4. Specific information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
- Failure of the physical link (equipment failure)
- Failure of the logical link
- Failure of the Internet service provider
- In this regards, both ISPs currently in charge of providing Internet access on the existing links will be invited to bid.
Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form"
duly filled in by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 18 January 2013. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
Tentative bid issuance date: 25/01/2012
Mandatory site visit date (if any) : N/A
Tentative bid response date: 25/02/2012
Tentative contract award date: 01/04/2012
For system contracts, estimated annual volume: N/A