Upcoming Business Opportunities
R & D on a new Evidence-Based Reintegration Programme Design Tool
21 August 2012
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
The United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research is initiating a project entitled ‘Research and Development for the new Evidence-Based Reintegration Tool of the UN Working Group on DDR
The purpose of the project, as explained in the agreed Project Proposal, is “to develop and operationalize an approach to evidence-based reintegration for the UN Inter-Agency Working Group on DDR and its partners in close collaboration with operational UN agencies supporting national reintegration efforts (e.g. UNDP, ILO, IOM, UNFPA and UN Women) in order to improve the rate of success in post-conflict stabilization and peace building efforts.”
To this end, the project is tasked with producing a prototype of an evidence-based programme design tool for due consideration and testing, as the IAWG considers its own objectives during 2013.
Responsibilities of the contractors:
4. Specific information (pre-requisite criteria):
- Co-design and jointly conduct field assessments (or approved alternatives) to produce user insights (scheduled for 17 September - 16 November 2012) including such tasks and activities as:
- Lead prototype development on the basis of user research findings (scheduled for 17 November 2012 - 16 January 2013).
- Co-design and jointly conduct testing of the prototype (scheduled for 17 January - 16 April 2013).
- Lead on the refinement of the prototype; and prepare it for production and piloting (scheduled for 17 April -16 May 2013).
The following are the pre-requisite criteria of the contractors:
- Have at least 10 years of experience in service design, including experiences at the international level.
- Have specific experiences in the design of services for the public sector, with experience working on peace and security matters with the UN
- Have the capacity to work on reintegration, post-conflict stabilization and peace building matters.
- Demonstrate understanding on the subject of operational programme design for peace and security activities, developed by UNIDIR's Security Needs Assessment Protocol (SNAP) project (2006-2010)
- Be available as of 17 September 2012 for an eight-month period in line with the project schedule.
In your response to this EOI, please kindly provide documents to support the five pre-requisite criteria above.
5. Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form"
duly filled in by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 2 September 2012. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
6. Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
7. Tentative bid issuance date: 06.09.2012
8. Mandatory site visit date (if any) :
9. Tentative bid response date: 12.09.2012
10. Tentative contract award date: 17.09.2012
11. For system contracts, estimated annual volume: