Upcoming Business Opportunities
Structural assessment / survey of the Palais des Nations (Strategic Heritage Plan)
26 March 2014
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) is currently seeking qualified and licensed firms to provide structural, seismic and geotechnical assessments / surveys. Professional consultants’ services are required to perform a full structural assessment / survey of the Palais des Nations to ensure the absence of defects and to verify the location and integrity of the existing structural elements in view of the major refurbishment.
Consultants shall possess experience on structural assessments / surveys in the context of historical renovations projects.
4. Specific information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
The EOI should be expressed by consultants who possess the following:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of proven experience in providing detailed structural assessments / surveys and seismic surveys.
- Possess relevant license and or certifications / qualifications to operate as structural engineer.
Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form"
duly filled in by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 09.04.2014. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
Tentative bid issuance date: April 2014.
Mandatory site visit date (if any) : N/A
Tentative bid response date: April 2014.
Tentative contract award date: May 2014
For system contracts, estimated annual volume: N/A