Upcoming Business Opportunities
Procurement of Carbon Dioxide Offset
1 February 2013
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for an Invitation to Bid (ITB) for the provision of issued Certified Emission Reductions (CER) for its client, the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR).
UNISDR intends to procure 1'800 metric tonnes CO2 eq (Carbon Dioxide Equivalent) issued Certified Emission Reductions (CERs).
UNISDR would like to prepare a list of projects which fulfill the following criteria:
1. Offsets generated through the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) as Certified Emission Reduction credits (CERs).
2. Status of issuance/guarantee of delivery—the project needs to have the status “issued CERs”.
3. The supplier should ensure that the CERs purchased by UNISDR are not sold to anyone else by retiring them from the market once these have been purchased “retired CERs”;
4. The offsets generated from projects which have a Tsunami risk reduction component, such as coastal zone conservation and marine habitat protection.
4. Specific information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
5. Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form" duly filled in by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 17 February 2013. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
6. Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
7. Tentative bid issuance date: 21 February 2013
8. Mandatory site visit date (if any) : N.A
9. Tentative bid response date: 19 March 2013
10. Tentative contract award date: 26 March 2013
11. For system contracts, estimated annual volume: