Upcoming Business Opportunities
Accommodation and Conference Package from 1 to 10 July 2014 in Norway
26 May 2014
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
I. Conference and Logistical Services Required
The Conference Provider will be contracted to provide the following local logistical and administrative arrangements and conference services for the implementation of the UNITAR Fellowship Programme to be held from 1 to 10 July 2014 outside of Oslo, Norway. Services provided will include:
- Providing the least expensive 4-star hotel and Conference Venue (hereinafter referred to as the Conference Venue) and accommodation for approximately 42 participants from around the world over an 11 day period including meals, conference facilities, tea breaks and training equipment rental.
- Rooms are needed on arrival for participants from around the world due to long journeys. A separate meal area is required for the group for important discussions at lunch and dinner.
- Coordinating, monitoring and arranging all local transport from the Airport to the Conference Venue outside Oslo to ensure smooth transfers to the Conference Venue. Negotiating special rates and organizing groupings to economize; communicating itineraries and changes in international travel to the ground transport company for arrivals and departures from around the world.
- Booking and arrangement of conference facilities – including set-up of training room and use of all equipment. Conference requirements include a very large, well-lit plenary conference room, movable tables for group work, overhead projection and video equipment and technicians on site. Four break-out rooms are needed for small group simulations for groups of 12 people over several days.
- Engaging in quality conference and secretariat services including photocopying, computing and printing and access to a telephone.
- Engaging in administrative services including ordering and provision of programmatic supplies and materials locally, based on programme need.
- Organizing the welcome reception-dinner at the Conference Venue (at 19.00 hrs/ 7 pm) on the night before the programme.
- Contracting a photographer, organizing payment, and making arrangements for the group photo to be taken early in the first week to be reproduced in A4 size to be handed out at the Final Certificate Ceremony.
- In collaboration with UNITAR, organizing the Welcome Reception, and Farewell Dinner to accompany the Certificate Ceremony on the last day of the programme.
- Confirming all participants return travel and organizing all ground transport for participants to depart on the Friday after the programme. Reviewing the ground transport bill and ensuring accuracy before arranging payment.
- Twenty-four hour internet access needed for all participants at the Conference Venue, many of whom must constantly monitor difficult situations around the world throughout the programme.
- Liaising with UNITAR to solve any transport, logistical, administrative, dietary, or medical problems will experience.
- Supporting the overall implementation of the administrative and logistical activities for the Fellowship Programme and informing UNITAR staff of any problems that may arise during programme implementation.
II. Qualifications Required of the Conference Provider:
4. Specific information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
- The Conference Provider must have a large well-lit plenary training room, 4 break-out rooms for small-group simulations, technical equipment and technicians on site, and a track-record in providing effective and quality conference, administrative and logistical services to international groups.
- The Conference Provider must be equipped with experienced staff with strong English language skills who can deal well with multicultural groups, demonstrate flexibility and resolve difficulties with tact and discretion.
Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form"
duly filled in by e-mail to email@example.com
or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 02.06.2014. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
Tentative bid issuance date: 05.06.2014
Mandatory site visit date (if any) :
Tentative bid response date: 12.06.2014
Tentative contract award date: 20.06.2014