Upcoming Business Opportunities
Network Time Protocol (NTP)
11 September 2013
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
In order to have a time solution on Internet, the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) will issue an Invitation to Bid (ITB) for the proposition, installation and implementation of a Network Time Protocol (NTP) solution.
The UNOG requires the following NTP products and services:
- Purchasing NTP equipment to provide time to Internet and join ntp.org internet pool.
- Purchasing maintenance support for the NTP solution.
- Contracting on-site technical support to manage the installation of the proposed NTP equipment.
- On-site technical support staff to provide engineering support , technical advice, conduct architecture audits, technical consultancy and conduct familiarization / training sessions for the transfer of knowledge to UNOG’s technical staff responsible for administrating and managing the NTP solution. UNOG requires a rate for such additional services.
The contract duration will be initially for 3 years, with the possibility of extending it for an additional two-year, one year at a time at the sole discretion of the UNOG.
4. Specific information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
1- The NTP solution has to support more than 5000 requests per second
2- The NTP solution has to support an high level redundancy (99,999% of availability)
3- The NTP solution has to support time synchronization using Global Positioning System(GPS)
4- The GPS antennas have to be installed on the roof at around 100 meters from the servers
5- The NTP solution has to be installed on physical servers
6- The NTP solution has to support at least 4 different sources of time
7- The NTP solution has to support IPv4 and IPv6
8- The NTP solution has to support centralized authentication Radius or Tacacs+
9- The NTP solution has to support SNMPv2 or SNMPv3
10- The NTP solution has to provide a secure web-based management
11- The NTP solution has to provide nanosecond time accuracy to UTC
12- The NTP solution has to provide logs of activity and configuration changes
13- The NTP solution has to be able to join ntp.org internet pool
14- A maintenance for the duration of the contract has to be offered.
Time of response must be less than 2 hours
Time of resolution must be less than 3 days
The escalation procedure have to be explained
15- During the duration of the contract if the devices proposed become obsolete they have to be replaced at no cost with new ones.
Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form"
duly filled in by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 25/09/13. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
Tentative bid issuance date: 8.10.2013
Mandatory site visit date (if any) : N/A
Tentative bid response date: 12.10.2013
Tentative contract award date: 27.11.2013
For system contracts, estimated annual volume: N/A