Upcoming Business Opportunities
Travel Services, Travel Management Services and Visa Processing services
4 May 2012
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1- Vendors interested in fulfilling the requirement described below must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendors Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
2- Required services or goods are the followings:
The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) intends to launch in the near future a Request For Proposal (RFP) for Travel Services, Travel Management Services and Visa Processing services for UNOG and other entities of the United Nations System in Geneva, for three years commencing 01 January 2014 with two possible extensions of a further two years.
The following UN organizations based in Geneva are participating in this exercise:
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- International Trade Centre (ITC)
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
- United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
The overall air and rail ticket expenditure of the above UN organizations was approximately CHF 90 million in 2011.
The UN organizations’ requirements include the provision of travel related services for requests originating from Switzerland or from abroad and covering all time zones.
Although sharing similar principles, each UN organization has an individual travel policy and administrates its travel budget independently. Travel related procedures as well as supporting information systems are also specific to each organization. The potential service provider should therefore have the experience and capacity to implement systems and processes ensuring the delivery of the most cost-effective travel solutions adapted to each organization.
The United Nations System is committed to climate neutrality and needs to monitor its greenhouse emissions. The service provider will be requested to provide detailed data to calculate emissions resulting from travel on an annual basis.
The above UN organizations are looking for a service provider offering innovative solutions using the best available technology to ensure the highest quality of service and efficiency. The service provider should have thorough knowledge of the current travel industry trends and excellent reporting tools. Prior experience in the management of complex travel services in the public sector is an asset. The company should have very qualified client-oriented personnel with a capability to provide travel related services in multiple languages, in particular French and English.
As a large portion of travels will be originating from Switzerland and will include United Nations’ negotiated fares established in Switzerland, the UN organizations are looking for a service provider with demonstrated capacity and knowledge to serve this market.
3- Specific Requirements/Information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
- Extensive expertise in business travel and especially demonstrated experience in the management of complex travel services with several large international accounts (net ticket spend exceeding USD 15 Million).
- Established management, account management and operational structures adequate to the UN organizations’ requirements. At least 50 staff in travel-visa related functions employed in Switzerland.
- Capacity in the provision and implementation of both, offline and online travel services solutions.
- Demonstrated capacity for making worldwide travel arrangements with access to the best available fares, including local market fares.
- Operational capacity to provide visa processing services for travels departing from Geneva / Switzerland.
Only those vendors who are registered or provisionally registered or have started their registration process in UNGM (www.UNGM.org) for the relevant services will be eligible to receive the solicitation documents.
The UN reserves the right to send the solicitation documents to vendors who will be identified through additional market research or other means to source the UN requirements.
All responses will be kept strictly confidential. For details and time limit of the future RFP please refer to the UNOG website: www.unog.ch, (United Nations Office at Geneva, Procurement, Upcoming Business Opportunities, RFPS 186/HMA)
4- Please submit your response by filling up the following forms: Vendor EOI Response
by email to email@example.com
or by facsimile (+41 22 917 00 13). Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours Central European Time on 15.06.2012. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
5- The REOI does not constitute a solicitation; responding to the REOI does not guarantee that vendor(s) will be invited to the participation in the solicitation when issues; and the UN reserves the right to change or cancel the procurement at any time during the REOI process or the formal solicitation process.