Upcoming Business Opportunities
Inventory Management Services
11 October 2012
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
In preparation to transition to IPSAS based accounting method, the UNOG seeks a firm which could provide Inventory Management Services to conduct Annual and Ad-hoc physical inventory of the property and assets in the premises of the United Nations Office in Geneva, Switzerland.
The class of assets to be covered are:
- Non-expendable property items, ex: vehicles, machines, etc.,
- Special items, ex: Ipads, laptops, etc.,
- Group inventory items, ex: furniture and workstations.
a. There are approximately 65,000 assets in 8 different premises of the United Nations Office at Geneva, Switzerland. The 8 premises include :
- Palais des Nations: 8-14, avenue de la Paix, 1202 Genève
- Palais Wilson (OHCHR): 52, rue des Pâquis, 1201 Genève
- Guiseppe Motta (OHCHR): 48, avenue Guiseppe Motta, 1202 Genève
- MIE (UNITAR): 15, chemin des Anémones, 1219 Châtelaine, Genève
- Nemours (JSPF): 2, chemin du Pavillon, 1218 Grand Saconnex, Genève
- Plage ONU: 214 route de Lausanne, Le Port, 1292 Genève
- Varembé (ISDR): 9 -11, rue de Varembé, 1202 Genève
- Les Feuillantines (Security): 13, avenue de la Paix, 1211 Genève 10
b. UNOG is currently seeking qualified firms to provide physical inventory services of its property and assets.
The firm shall undertake “Asset Inventory Manager” responsibilities. The firm will be working with the dedicated UNOG team and other relevant stakeholders. The firms need to have a deep understanding of assets/property inventories, physical inventories, reconciliations, electronic asset scanning, asset inventories databases, barcodes and database interaction and management.
c. Further to a tender the UNOG intends to award a 3 year contract to the selected firm with options to extend 2 additional years at the discretion of the UN, based on availability of funds and contractor performance.
4. Specific information to provide in your Expression of Interest (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
- Expression of Interest should be expressed from firms who should provide evidence of the following:
- Minimum of five (5) years of proven experience in providing Physical Asset, Inventory; Inventory Management Services for tasks of similar scope and profile.
- Proven track record of Inventory Management Services of comparable public and private sector projects.
- A minimum of two (2) similar projects must also be provided in relation to the relevant services indicated above.
Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form"
duly filled in by e-mail to email@example.com
or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 28.10.2012. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
Tentative bid issuance date: 31.10.2012
Mandatory site visit date (if any) : 13.11.2012
Tentative bid response date: 29.11.2012
Tentative contract award date: 3.01.2013
For system contracts, estimated annual volume: --