Upcoming Business Opportunities
Fibre optic cable installation
12 September 2012
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
The Information Technology Service of the United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV / ITS) intends to upgrade the number of fiber optic links between its two data centers in the Vienna International Centre in Vienna, Austria.
Required work to be performed:
- Installation of two (3) fiber optic cables Lucent with each 12 strains between the F-3TK5T1 and G-3TK6T1 fiber racks. The distance (cable path) between the two endpoints is estimated to 150 meters.
About 2/3 of the cable length can be installed into existing cable trays (Kabeltasse). For the remaining 1/3 length the installation of weather proof PVC tubing onto a concrete wall is necessary.
- Termination of all endpoints in Lucent 19" splice boxes with LC type connectors.
The cable should be multi-mode LUCENT Systimax Lazrspeed 550 OM4 cable because this is simply the building standard and all the hundreds of other fibre connections in the VIC are the same.
- Measurement of the final installed and terminated connection according to
- Labeling of all termination points with unique cable numbers (provided by UNIDO / BMS) according to VIC standards.
- Closing of all those fire bulkheads which where opened during the installation of the cables. It is important that this work has to be performed by a licensed company according to Austrian rules and regulations immediately after the installation.
- Update of the VIC cabling documentation which is maintained by Building Management Services (UNIDO / BMS).
Please note that this is not an invitation for submission of a proposal. This is a request for Expressions of Interest (EOI) in order to identify qualified vendors interested in participating in the solicitation.
Interested vendors must provide the completed Vendor Response Form (attached below). UNOV will examine this EOI and reserves the right to select the invitees for competitive bidding. Accordingly, an expression of interest does not automatically warrant an interested vendor's participation in the competitive bidding exercise.
UNOV reserves the right to change or cancel any of this requirement at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process.