Upcoming Business Opportunities
Space Analysis and Swing Space design Consultancy Services
(Strategic Heritage Plan)
25 October 2012
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
Description of Requirements
Services are required by the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) to perform an overall space needs analysis and, based on the outcome of the space needs analysis, to perform a swing space conceptual feasibility study and design for a ‘building’ which will be used to house United Nations staff members during the renovation and refurbishment works of the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
Description of Requirements:
1. The UNOG requests the provision of services to: i) review the existing spaces and number of occupants; ii) assess the area of swing space requirement and to propose a conceptual feasibility design solution; iii) undertake the design of the proposed new building (swing space); iv) undertake contract administration role during the construction of the swing space.
2. The UNOG is consequently seeking qualified international Design / Architectural firms to provide programming and space analysis services, design study, design implementation and contract administration services.
The firm shall act as “Design Consultant” for a swing space building only.
The firm will be working for the UNOG and closely with the other project consultants and with the United Nations relevant stakeholders. The firm needs to have a deep understanding of space analysis and programming, building design feasibility studies, building design, construction documentation, and contract administration of complex buildings located in historical environments.
Specific Requirements / Information:
3. EOI should be expressed from firms with:
a. Minimum of ten (10) years of proven experience in providing multidisciplinary programming, design, construction documentation and construction contract administration services.
b. Proven track record of doing space programming, conceptual design, design development, and construction documentation for new buildings, contract administration of comparable offices premises public and private sector projects.
c. A minimum of three (3) international achieved projects in relation to the relevant services indicated above. The value of the three projects has to be minimum CHF 5 million.
d. Qualified staff must be proficient in both English and French.
Instructions for submitting the EOI
1. Please submit your Expression of Interest by returning the Vendor Expression of Interest Response Form duly filled, as well as the requested documentation, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by facsimile to +41 22 917 00 13, no later than Wednesday, 7 november 2012 at 12:00, Geneva time.
The form can be downloaded at the following site: www.unog.ch/vendor-eoi-shp.
2. Companies/organizations that have not yet been registered at the United Nations Office at Geneva must be registered to participate in the planned tender. Information regarding the registration procedures and how to download the application form for registration can be found at the following site: www.unog.ch/procurement.
3. Please note that this notice does not constitute a solicitation. Queries and/or site visits will not be entertained at this time. The United Nations Office at Geneva reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time. Please note that only companies duly qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
4. The submission of your EOI must be in English or French.
This EOI is issued subject to the conditions contained in the EOI introductory page of this website.