Upcoming Business Opportunities
Digitization of League of Nations Archives Economic and Financial
Section Official Documents
17 September 2013
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
The UNOG Library’s Institutional Memory Section manages and preserves the historical archives of the League of Nations.
This digitization project will provide global access to a portion of the League of Nations Archives (20 linear meters). The digital copies will be made available online through the UNOG Library’s website. Access to the originals will be replaced through access to the digital copies and therefore digitization will also provide for better preservation of the original paper documents.
This request is for the digitization of a portion of the official documents and publications of economic conferences and specialized committees organized under the auspices of the League of Nations, including the International Financial Conference 1920, the International Economic Conference 1927 and the World Monetary and Economic Conference 1933, and a portion of the minutes and documents of the Economic Committee and the Fiscal Committee.
4. Specific information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
a) A mandatory site visit will be organized at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
b) A set of documents, consisting of 1 typical volume of the Library archives will be distributed to each vendor during the visit so they can perform the digitization test that will be part of the technical evaluation of the offers. The volume should be returned to UNOG Library as soon as test is completed, but latest with the bid submission. Please refer to next paragraph.
5. Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form" duly filled in by e-mail to email@example.com or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 24.09.2013. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
6. Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
7. Tentative bid issuance date: 31.09.2013
8. Mandatory site visit date (if any) :
9. Tentative bid response date: 30.10.2013
10. Tentative contract award date: 07.11.2013
11. For system contracts, estimated annual volume: