Upcoming Business Opportunities
Drupal services for the CEB Website maintenance
18 January 2013
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
The Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEB) website serves the needs of a wide audience, including the general public, journalists, academia, researchers, Member States and UN system colleagues. Public content includes reports, background material, statistics and publications. Some content remains hidden behind a password as it serves internal coordination and collaboration among UN system organizations in management and programme areas.
The CEB Secretariat recently reviewed its web CMS approach. Alternatives were evaluated and compared using standard performance criteria, prioritized in a manner appropriate to CEB Secretariat’s publishing needs. The outcome of this study resulted in the selection of Drupal (7), to replace the existing CMS, Plone (2.5). This decision considered current and future needs of the CEB website content management system (CMS), including the following:
- Demonstrated success of platform within the UN system: WFP's main website and UNDP's Teamworks collaboration platform (among others) run on Drupal;
- Sustainability of the platform, in particular the availability of expertise;
- Flexibility provided by platform, including an emphasis of configuration over development of new modules and the ease with which functional and presentational updates are made;
- Community support: from a large development community, which demonstrates momentum and direction, while providing a secondary source to ad-hoc support;
- Privacy and security, workflows for access control and a scalable security architecture;
- Proven usability of the platform from the standpoint of a user and technical administrator;
- The relative ease with which the CEB website's design may be upgraded and maintained.
We intend on awarding a contract for an initial period of three years, with the possibility of extending the duration of the contract up to a total of five years, at the sole discretion of the United Nations Office at Geneva.
The skill requirements according to the nature of the task at hand but will include one or more of the following:
4. Specific information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
- Thorough understanding of Drupal 7, technologies, processes and related features.
- Specific skills: web development (PHP programming, information architecture) as well as other IT skills.
- Expertise in all aspects of creating a Drupal application features, including installation, administration, module development, module configuration, theming, and custom development.
- Extensive knowledge of the Drupal architecture.
- Experience with Features, Views and Context modules and GIT.
- Good communication skills, particularly writing skills in English.
- Attention to detail and experience in developing documentation for new features.
Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form"
duly filled in by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 31.01.2013. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
Tentative bid issuance date: 04/02/2013
Mandatory site visit date (if any) : N/A
Tentative bid response date: 04/03/2013
Tentative contract award date: 01/04/2012
For system contracts, estimated annual volume: USD 36’000.