Upcoming Business Opportunities
Virtual Desktop Infrastruture technology
17 April 2013
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required goods are the following:
The UNOG Training Section would like to invest in a VDI infrastructure technology with equipment, licenses and support to simplify desktop management and to provide easy, quick and reliable desktops to its premises and to remote countries.
A. TECHNICAL NEEDS:
- The VDI infrastructure should use PcOIP Teradici technology or equivalent with the same specifications or beyond.
- The VDI infrastructure should allow us to train staff members here in Geneva but also remotely in our Duty Stations worldwide. For the remote locations, we should be able to use internet connections whatever the type of material/device used by the students to access courses (PCs, Pads, Smartphone).
- A tool to access the infrastructure should be available online and downloadable for any type of devices/OS, Microsoft, Apple, Linux, Android.
- The VDI infrastructure should allow us to use PcOIP terminal thin client, zero client or all in one client. For the terminals, 2 types must be distinguished:
1. For the admin and teachers’ users, the terminal should have at least the following ports:
2. For the students, the terminal should have at least the following ports :
- 1 RJ45
- 6 USB connectors
- 1 HDMI
- 1 VGA
- 1 DVI
- 1 Jack i/o
- 1 RJ45
- 4 USB connectors
- 1 VGA
- 1 DVI
- 1 Jack i/o
- The VDI infrastructure should allow us to use or recycle our current PCs. The boot should be done on a DVD or a USB key, but not on an installed OS.
- The VDI infrastructure should allow our remote users to print out their work and to save it on USB if needed.
- The VDI infrastructure should allow us to use Skype or Webex or any communication tool by using video and voice with multiple users at the same time.
The training Section already conducted some tests on a VDI infrastructure. Nevertheless, the Training Section wishes to be accompanied in the preparation, configuration and launch of the system for a period of one month.
The UNOG intend on awarding a contract for an initial of three years of support, with the possibility of extending the duration of the contract up to a total of five year, at the sole discretion of the United Nations Office at Geneva
4. Specific information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form"
duly filled in by e-mail to email@example.com
or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 01.05.2013. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
Tentative bid issuance date: 08/05/2013
Mandatory site visit date (if any) : N/A
Tentative bid response date: 11/06/2013
Tentative contract award date:03.07.2013
For system contracts, estimated annual volume: USD 100’000.