Upcoming Business Opportunities
Space Analysis and Swing Space design Consultancy Services
(Strategic Heritage Plan)
6 June 2013
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
Professional consultants’ services are required by the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) to perform the following:
- Lead Design Services for the design management and coordination of the refurbishment of an approx. 150,000 m2 of building space and for the design management of the construction of an approx. 20,000 m2 new building;
- Design Services for the construction of a new building of approx. 20,000 m2;
- Space Planning/Programming Services for an area of an approx. 150,000 m2 comprising: offices, meeting areas, conference rooms, commercial areas etc.
The UNOG is currently seeking qualified international multi-disciplinary Architectural/Engineering Design firms with the capability of providing Lead Design, Design and Space Planning/Programming Services in the context of complex large and multi-annual building construction/refurbishment projects.
Consultants shall possess deep knowledge and understanding of modern and historical buildings in the context of leading building design work, undertaking building design work and supervising the construction works to ensure compliance with the specifications.
4. Specific information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
The EOI should be expressed by consultants who possess the following:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of proven international experience in providing multidisciplinary lead design services, multidisciplinary design services and space planning/programming services in the context of modern and historical buildings;
- Experience as primary ‘lead role’ as Lead Designer in the past 10 years for projects valued at $ 300 million dollars and above;
- Experience in design services for single projects of minimum $ 300 million US Dollars;
- Proficiency in English and working level of French is required.
Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form"
duly filled in by e-mail to email@example.com
or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 21.06.2013. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
Tentative bid issuance date: End of June 2013
Mandatory site visit date (if any) : Mid-July 2013
Tentative bid response date: September 2013
Tentative contract award date: December 2013
For system contracts, estimated annual volume: N/A