Upcoming Business Opportunities
Procurement of Servers and a SAN infrastructure
6 September 2013
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services and goods are the following:
The United Nations Office at Geneva will be issuing a tender for the purchase of an IT Infrastructure Equipment and services.
UNOG needs to replace the aging servers and storage equipment with a new infrastructure.
UNOG needs to procure new servers and a new mid-range storage array to consolidate the existing hosts and replace an existing mid-range array and transfer the data to the new environment.
The new platform must be able to provide a competitive cost per TB without performance compromise, be highly available and reliable even during firmware upgrades and support value-added features.
The new array will be deployed at UNCTAD’s Data Center located in Geneva Switzerland (Palais des Nations).
The UNOG is seeking suppliers who are interested in the provision of the required equipment. Further details and specifications will be sent along with the tender documents to the interested companies.
An UNCTAD Technical Evaluation Panel will assess the extent to which proposals submitted in response to this RFP meet the evaluation criteria.
The RFP evaluation is based on the following;
A. Bidder Information:
- Proven SAN installation, configuration and management experience.
- Proven Windows 2008 R2 (or later) installation, configuration and management experience.
- Reference list and contacts of the Bidder previous SAN installations.
- The names of project Manager and team members, their CVs with related work experience.
B. Technical Information:
- A detailed project plan with a proposed approach to accomplish the project stated in this document.
- A Safety plan must be provided including Bidder’s actions to mitigate potential risks in the event of a unforeseeable incident during the process.
- Summary of all documentation Bidder will provide.
Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form"
duly filled in by e-mail to email@example.com
or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 20/09/13. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
Tentative bid issuance date: 27.09.2013
Mandatory site visit date (if any) : N/A
Tentative bid response date: 24.10.2013
Tentative contract award date: 15.11.2013
For system contracts, estimated annual volume: N/A