Upcoming Business Opportunities
Conference Services Provider and Logistic Support
12 October 2012
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
The conference provider will be contracted to coordinate the international and local logistics for the implementation of the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) Regional Training Programme to Enhance Conflict prevention and Peacemaking in Africa to be held from 13 to 22 November 2012, as well as follow-on day-long Seminar on Conflict Prevention in Africa, scheduled on 23 November 2012 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The following are some services required (non-exhaustive):
4. Specific information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
- Least expensive 4 star hotel for 40 participants for 12 night and 8 senior resource people for 3 day including meals and tea breaks.
- Arrange for regional transport for senior resource people.
- Booking and renting conference facilities
- Arranging local transportation by bus or other vehicles for participants
- Arranging visas for participants
- Engage in high-quality conference & secretariat services in both English and Amharic languages
- Assist with administrative matters
The conference provider must provide proof/evidence to support the following:
- Must have an extensive, proven track-record in providing effective and high-quality conference and logistic services to senior government officials from throughout Africa and dealing successfully with international resource persons and staff
- Must be equipped with experienced, highly-qualified English and Amharic speaking staff who can deal with complex and difficult situations with tact and discretion
- Must have an excellent reputation and good financial standing
- Must provide a thorough and comprehensive accounting of expenditures
- Must have an excellent record and extensive experience in liaising with the Ethiopian government, local embassies and institutions, the African Union, the UN and in negotiating with local hotels and other concerned entities.
Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form
" duly filled in by e-mail to email@example.com
or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 22.10.2012. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
Tentative bid issuance date: 24 October 2012
Mandatory site visit date (if any) : N/A
Tentative bid response date: 30 October 2012
Tentative contract award date: 5 November 2012
For system contracts, estimated annual volume: N/A