Upcoming Business Opportunities
Upgrade of e-Management Tool for UNISDR
18 January 2013
In view of the fact that the official language used for the RFP will be English, this request for expression of interest is published in English only.
Du fait que la langue officielle de cette sollicitation sera l'anglais, cette demande d'expression d'intérêt est publiée uniquement en anglais.
Please note that only those firms considered qualified by the United Nations Office at Geneva for this project will be invited to participate.
Terms of Reference
1. The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) for a solicitation it intends to issue for the required services or goods described below.
2. Vendors interested in fulfilling the above requirements must be registered with UNOG and may wish to visit "UNOG Vendor Registration Process" for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate in any solicitation.
3. Required services or goods are the following:
To upgrade a simple, modular 'e' solution for addressing the needs of the UNISDR office for effective administrative and programmatic management, monitoring and financial management for work plan.
Simple – the solution need to be straightforward, and more practical than elegant. The solution should be tailored for internal use.
“e” – the solution need to be accessible from anywhere through internet, particularly in all the UNISDR units and regional/subregional offices around the world.
Modular – the approach should address the most pressing issues first and roll out solutions for them, with the option of adding more modules with more linkages in different phases.
For UNISDR – the solution needs to be tailored for the use of the UNISDR Regional/Sub-regional and Headquarter Unit Offices.
Financial, Administrative and Programme Management – the solution needs to respond to both sides of office and activity management and link them in ways that are practical
The goal is to provide necessary financial, administrative and programmatic information to team members of UNISDR regional/subregional and unit offices on real time basis to enable them to take necessary actions to deliver their work plan in a timely and effective manner.
Following are the required / expected outputs of this initiative:
4. Specific information (if any) (e.g.: pre-evaluation or pre-requisite criteria, certification, etc.):
- In time planning of resources needed for work plan delivery;
- Tracking of resource use and project objective completion;
- Tracking of task completion duration and projections;
- Historical information on how projects have progressed, and in particular, how actual performance relates to plans;
- Improved monitoring of project and programme implementation;
- Early warning of any risks to the project;
- Cashflow projections based on foreseen payment triggers for projects;
- Tasks lists for people, and schedules and related assignment of tasks and resources;
- Information on workload, for planning of backstopping during holidays/missions;
- Improved budgeting tool for project proposals;
- Improved mission planning;
- Improved partnership development;
- Improved response rate to requests by partners for consultants and experts;
- Funding allocation planning tool;
- Improved Resource Management;
- Improved and timely financial planning and reporting;
- The contract duration is initially for 1 year, with the possibility of extending it for an additional two years, one year at a time at the sole discretion of the United Nations Office at Geneva.
Please submit your response by returning the form "Expression of Interest Response Form"
duly filled in by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by facsimile to +41(0)22 917 00 13. Responses must be received no later than 12:00 hours, Geneva time, on 04/02/13. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
Please note that this REOI does not constitute a solicitation. UNOG reserves the right to change or cancel this requirement at any time during the REOI process or the solicitation process. Please note that only those vendors considered as qualified by UNOG to provide the required services or goods will be invited to participate.
Tentative bid issuance date: 11/02/2013
Mandatory site visit date (if any) : N/A
Tentative bid response date: 07/03/2013
Tentative contract award date: 18/04/2013
For system contracts, estimated annual volume: Less than USD 200’000.