The United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) operates a programme called the IT Equipment Donation Programme to Permanent Missions and NGOs for the benefit of United Nations Permanent or Observer Missions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Through this programme, UNOG supports IT equipment donation requests. When available, the Central Support Services donate the returns from UNOG’s IT Replacement Program.
Who can request for this programme?
What can be donated through this programme?
Terms and Conditions
How to apply?
- UNOG is not responsible for the delivery or transport of any donated IT equipment.
- This programme does not provide any technical support for donated equipment.
- This programme is not required to complete sets or purchase any computer device, accessory or miscellaneous cables to complete a set.
- Donated computers are delivered with no software.
Permanent or Observer Missions & NGOs interested in computer equipment should place their requests on an official letterhead that has been endorsed by their Chief of Mission / NGO and sent to the following address:
United Nations Office at Geneva
Central Support Services
Palais des Nations, Room S29
1211 Geneva 10
The Central Support Services will treat the requests received on a first come first served basis. When the equipment requested is available, the Permanent or Observer Mission / NGO will be notified and allotted a date and time to pick up from Dock 49 at UNOG.
Upon withdrawal of the equipment, the Permanent or Observer Mission / NGO will sign and date a form confirming that they have taken the equipment. Through the form, the transfer of property will be effective and UNOG will be relieved from obligations and liabilities.
For additional information, please contact the Central Support Services using one of the following methods:
- By email to email@example.com
- By Telephone to +41 (0)22 917 26 73