BWC Action - CBM Electronic Facility
The Seventh Review Conference of the BWC emphasised the importance of the exchange of information among States Parties through the CBMs. The Conference recognised the technical difficulties experienced by some States parties in completing full and timely submissions, and noted the desirability of making the CBMs more user-friendly. The Conference reaffirmed that the data submitted should be provided to the BWC ISU and promptly made available electronically to all States Parties.
The Conference noted that the review of Article V showed a need for further enhancing participation in the CBMs and decided to adopt revised reporting forms, to consider during the intersessional programme how to enable fuller participation in the CBMs, and that the BWC ISU should, in cooperation with States Parties, continue to examine and develop options for electronic means of submission of CBMs.
The development of an electronic tool, CBM Electronic Facility, for CBM submissions, processing and dissemination will take place under the BWC Action.
It is envisioned that the CBM Electronic Facility will offer the following possibilities for States Parties:
- to create and edit CBMs
- to create revisions of CBMs
- to submit one CBM in different languages and define one as official version
- to print CBMs
- to access the restricted BWC website and consult CBMs submitted by other States Parties
- to, if possible, perform specific searches of CBMs in the system
It is envisioned that the CBM Electronic Facility will offer the following possibilities for General Public
- to consult CBMs submitted by States Parties and marked Public
- to print Public CBMs
- to, if possible, perform specific searches of Public CBMs in the system
This text will be continuously updated as the development of the CBM Electronic Facility progresses.