BWC NGO Statements and Other Resources
This page contains NGO statements and other resources from past meetings of the Biological Weapons Convention, in reverse chronological order. All meetings were held in Geneva.
Meeting of States Parties in 2005 (5 – 9 December 2005)
Meeting of Experts in 2005 (13 – 24 June 2005)
Meeting of States Parties in 2004 (6 – 10 December 2004)
Meeting of Experts in 2004 (19 – 30 July 2004)
Meeting of States Parties in 2003 (10 – 14 November 2003)
Meeting of Experts in 2003 (18-29 August 2003)
Fifth Review Conference (19 November – 7 December 2001 And 11 – 22 November 2002)
For NGO Statements since 2006, see the pages for the individual meetings.
Sixth Review Conference (20 November - 8 December 2006)
These statements were made by non-governmental organizations to delegations at the Sixth Review Conference of the Biological Weapons Convention. All statements were made in the Palais des Nations on Tuesday 21 November 2006.
The Fifth Review Conference held two sessions, an original in 2001 and a resumed in 2002. Both were presided over by Ambassador Tibor Toth of Hungary. The original session was suspended by the President when it became apparent that there were significant differences in oppinion as to how best to move the Convention forward. After a further year of informal consultations, the resumed session saw States Parties agreeing to initiate a series of annual meetings prior to the Sixth Review Conference in 2006.
Fifth Review Conference Preparatory Committee (25 – 27 April 2001)
- University of Bradford, UK
- Federation of American Scientists, USA (FAS)
- Friends World Committee for Consultations, Switzerland
- Institute of Biology, UK
- International Network of Scienstists and Engineers for Global Resposibility, Germany (INES)
- Michigan University, USA
- Stockholm International Peace Research Istitute, Sweden (SIPRI)
- Sunshine Project, Germany
- Verification Research, Training and Information Centre, UK (VERTIC)
- Women's International League for Peace and Freedom, Switzerland (WILPF)
- 20/20 Vision, USA