BWC NGO Statements and Other Resources
This page contains NGO statements and other resources from past meetings of the Biological Weapons Convention, in reverse chronological order. All meetings were held in Geneva.
For NGO Statements since 2006, see the pages for the individual meetings.
Sixth Review Conference (20 November - 8 December 2006)
Meeting of States Parties in 2005 (5 – 9 December 2005)
Meeting of Experts in 2005 (13 – 24 June 2005)
Meeting of States Parties in 2004 (6 – 10 December 2004)
The 2004 Meeting of States Parties was chaired by Peter Goosen of South Africa. It met to discuss, and promote common understanding and effective action on mechanisms for the surveillance, detection, diagnosis and combating of infectious diseases affecting humans, animals, and plants, as well as capabilities for responding to, investigating and mitigating the effects of cases of alleged use of biological or toxin weapons or suspicious outbreaks of disease. It was well attended by 89 States Parties, 5 Signatory States, 2 Observer States, 4 international organizations and 14 non-governmental organizations.
Meeting of Experts in 2004 (19 – 30 July 2004)
Meeting of States Parties in 2003 (10 – 14 November 2003)
Meeting of Experts in 2003 (18-29 August 2003)
Fifth Review Conference (19 November – 7 December 2001 And 11 – 22 November 2002)
Fifth Review Conference Preparatory Committee (25 – 27 April 2001)
- University of Bradford, UK
- Verification Research, Training and Information Centre, UK (VERTIC)
- International Network of Scienstists and Engineers for Global Resposibility, Germany (INES)
- BioWeapons Prevention Project, Switzerland (BWPP)
- Pax Christi International, Belgium
- London School of Economics and Political Science, UK (LSE)
- Scientists Working Group on Biological and Chemical Weapons, USA
- Tri-Valley CAREs, USA
- Stockholm International Peace Research Istitute, Sweden (SIPRI)