"#childmothers. High-Level Debate on Early Adolescent Pregnancy"
Date: 28 February -
28 March 2017
Location: Salle des pas perdus
High-Level Debate and photography exhibition about early adolescent pregnancy on Tuesday 28 February 2017 at 6 p.m.
The opening event will be followed by a cocktail. After the opening remarks by the hosts, a moderated debate will take place with the following speakers:
- H.E. Mr. Bessolé René Bagoro, Minister of Justice, Human Rights and Civic Promotion, Burkina Faso
- H.E. Mr. Pierre André Dunbar, Permanent Representative of Haiti to the United Nations Office and other international organizations in Geneva
- Kate Gilmore, Deputy UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Anne-Birgitte Albrectsen, CEO of Plan International
- Francis Oko Armah, Youth Activist, Curious Minds, Ghana.
The debate will be moderated by Catarina Furtado, TV presenter, actress and UNFPA Goodwill Ambassador.
The #childmothers photo exhibition by award-winning photographer and filmmaker Pieter ten Hoopen coincides with the 34th session of the Human Rights Council.
This event takes place at the Palais des Nations, Salle des pas perdus; Entry: Pregny Gate; Access: Door 40.
All attendees who do not hold a UN ground badge are kindly requested to register by email at email@example.com before 24 February 2017.