- The Cultural Activities Committee is composed of representatives of the main services, sections and units of UNOG:
- Chairman: Chief Librarian;
Vice-Chairman: Chief of Central Support Services;
Other members: Chief of Registry, Records and Archives Unit; Chief of Buildings Unit; Editor of Tech-News; Chief of Languages Service; Chief of Security and Safety Section; Liaison Officer of Non-Governmental Organizations; Chief of Buildings and Engineering Section; Chief of User Services Section, Library; Director of United Nations Information Service, Geneva; Chief of Protocol, Office of the Director-General, UNOG;
Secretariat: Cultural Activities Assistant;
Coordinator: Cultural Activities Coordinator.
- The Chairman may invite additional Departments or Offices or representatives of an organ or body of the organizations of the United Nations system with relevant experience and credentials to participate in the meetings of the Committee.
Review of proposals
Organization of a cultural activity
- The Coordinator for Cultural Activities shall coordinate the arrangements for the organization of a cultural activity in cooperation with the Conference Services Division, Division of Administration (particularly its Central Support Services, Financial Resources Management Service), Security and Safety Section and Information Service.
- The Coordinator for Cultural Activities, or in his absence the Chairman of the Cultural Activities Committee, shall be the Cultural Activities Committee’s focal point for the Requesting Entity and the services and sections of UNOG involved in the organization.
- The Committee, through its Chairman or Coordinator, shall decide upon the space to be allocated for a cultural activity and upon its date and duration, according to the availability of an appropriate venue and scheduling requirements. In case of scheduling conflicts, priority shall be given to proposals relating to commemorations or observances established by the General Assembly or other governing bodies of the United Nations system, and proposals linked to current meetings and conferences held at UNOG.
- The Committee, through its Chairman or Coordinator, shall be entitled to inspect the artworks and items delivered for a cultural activity and to amend or reject, in whole or in part, those items considered at variance with these guidelines.