Guidelines of the Cultural Activities Committee of the United Nations Office at Geneva (2010)
- The Cultural Activities Committee is the advisory body established by the Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG) to consider proposals of cultural activities submitted to the United Nations Office at Geneva. The Cultural Activities Committee shall make recommendations for approval by the Director-General.
- The Cultural Activities Committee shall review and consider proposals for cultural activities submitted by a Member State or observer through its Permanent Mission, by the United Nations Secretariat or its staff associations, by a Secretariat department/office or organ/body or by a specialized agency or other United Nations institution. Any proposal originating from a Non-Governmental Organization must be submitted by one of the aforementioned entities.
- The Cultural Activities Committee deliberates and exercises its authority independently. Its decisions are guided by the relevant rules and procedures governing the use of the premises of UNOG (IC/Geneva/2005/14) and by the rules and criteria set forth below.
- Decisions by the Cultural Activities Committee shall be final and, unless otherwise expressly agreed, shall be taken by consensus.
- The Cultural Activities Committee is composed of representatives of the main services, sections and units of UNOG:
- Chairman: Chief Librarian;
Vice-Chairman: Chief of Central Support Services;
Other members: Chief of Registry, Records and Archives Unit; Chief of Buildings Unit; Editor of Tech-News; Chief of Languages Service; Chief of Security and Safety Section; Liaison Officer of Non-Governmental Organizations; Chief of Buildings and Engineering Section; Chief of User Services Section, Library; Director of United Nations Information Service, Geneva; Chief of Protocol, Office of the Director-General, UNOG;
Secretariat: Cultural Activities Assistant;
Coordinator: Cultural Activities Coordinator.
- The Chairman may invite additional Departments or Offices or representatives of an organ or body of the organizations of the United Nations system with relevant experience and credentials to participate in the meetings of the Committee.
Review of proposals
Organization of a cultural activity