Meeting of States Parties (9-13 December 2013)
The 2013 Meeting of States Parties will be held in the Palais des Nations from 9 to 13 December 2013. The meeting will open at 10:00 on Monday 9 December in Room XVIII.
The Meeting of States Parties will be chaired by Ms. Judit Körömi of Hungary. In accordance with the decision of the Seventh Review Conference, the meeting will consider the work of the Meeting of Experts (12-16 August 2013) on the three standing agenda items (cooperation and assistance, with a particular focus on strengthening cooperation and assistance under Article X; review of developments in the field of science and technology related to the Convention; and strengthening national implementation), as well as the biennial item of how to enable fuller participation in the Confidence-building Measures (CBMs).
List of speakers open: the list of speakers for the General Debate on 9 December is now open. To inscribe, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, if possible providing the name of the speaker and noting any preferences for time.
Advance version of documents
Communications from the Chairman
- Strengthening Article VII: international cooperation and assistance in preparing for and responding to biological incidents - submitted by the United States
- Strengthening National Implementation - Submitted by the United States
- Getting Past Yes: Moving From Consensus Text to Effective Action - Submitted by Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and the United States
- Assistance and Cooperation (Art. X) - Submitted by the European Union
- Confidence-Building Measures: Taking discussions on enabling fuller participation forward to the Eighth Review Conference - Submitted by Switzerland
- Establishing a dedicated structure for the review of developments in biological science and technology - Submitted by Switzerland
- Step by Step Approach in CBMs participation - Submitted by Australia, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, and Switzerland
Iran on Behalf Of the Non- Aligned Movement and Others States Parties
Statements & Presentations
- will be added here when available