UNOG Website RSS Feeds
UNOG Bookshop - English | Français
UNOG Disarmament Announcements - English | Français
UNOG News & Media - English | Français
UNOG Permanent Missions - English | Français
UNOG The Calendar - English | Français
UNOG The Director-General - English | Français
UNOG Upcoming Business Opportunities - English | Français
RSS Feed Help
What are RSS feeds?
RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds allow you to subscribe to the new and frequently updated content of a website. Instead of having to continuously visit a website to check for new content, it is sent to you via a feed reader. When there is new content on the UNOG website, such as press releases, upcoming meetings, new permanent representatives, it appears in your reader alongside any other feeds from other websites you have subscribed to.
An RSS news feed consists of a list of items, each of which contains a headline, description, and a link to web resources. Instead of having to browse through an entire website to learn about its new content, this new content is transmitted automatically to your RSS Reader (or “news aggregator”) through an RSS Feed.
What is a feed reader?
How does it work?
The RSS Reader gathers and displays web feeds from various web sites. Updates from several websites can be delivered directly to you with no need to visit them. In other words, you receive automatic updates when articles (or latest news releases, media briefings, announcements) are added on a website you subscribed to.
Why use RSS?
The benefits and reasons for using RSS are the following:
- It allows you to easily stay informed by receiving summaries of the latest content from the websites you are subscribed to
- It saves time (no need to visit each website individually)
- It ensures your privacy (spam-proof, no visit, you do not need to provide your email address, no newsletter subscription)
- It saves bandwidth, since a feed contains only links, headlines or brief synopsis (that means the small amount of Web data can be sent to any XML-compatible device, such as a cell phone, pager, or handled computer, without a lengthy download process)
How do I subscribe to the UNOG website feeds?
What do you need to do?
You subscribe to a feed by simply supplying a special link to your RSS Reader. Follow the instructions given for your particular news reader. But in general, the steps are:
- Click the RSS or XML button, you will be directed to the URL address of that feed.
- Copy the URL address from the web browsers window.
- Paste this link into your news reader.