Learning at UNOG
The Staff Development and Learning Section is committed to providing to our diverse clients high quality, state of the art, innovative and effective learning opportunities and organizational support.
In line with UN values and competencies, SDLS support individual and institutional growth and performance to meet organizational needs particularly in the context of ongoing change.
SDLS is charged with implementing the Organization’s training and learning policy which is based on the principle that staff development is an ongoing process and priority and a critical investment for the future, for which the Organization, its managers and staff all share responsibility.
Staff members must play their part to develop and maintain their skills and competencies. Whatever their grade level or breadth of experience and whether a senior manager with years of service, or a recent recruit, all staff will find programmes appropriate to their needs.
SDLS runs more than 700 courses for more than 10 000 participants each year in the main areas of language training, management and communication, information technology as well as conducting testing and examination for recruitment.
Click here to see the 2014 February / March programme of courses and seminars.
For further information, please check the "Learning at UNOG" website.
Language courses are offered in the six official languages of the United Nations.
A full description of the language training programme and self-study opportunities is available on the Staff Learning and Development Section Intranet site. (Please note that this site is only accessible to United Nations Secretariat staff.)
Eligibility criteria for language courses are as follows:
- United Nations Secretariat staff members who have a contract for the duration of the term for which they are applying
- Staff members of specialized agencies and other international organizations who have had their applications authorized by their respective personnel/training section
- Retirees, diplomatic staff of permanent missions, service organizations in the Palais, non-governmental organizations accredited to the United Nations, members of the press corps, consultants and adult dependents who are accepted on a fee-paying basis (general courses, CHF 515; specialized courses, CHF 325).
For further information, contact the language training secretariat at the following e-mail address:SDLS_language@unog.ch
Please be informed that the UNOG Staff Development and Learning Section also offers the staff of the Secretariat in Geneva the opportunity to participate in training programmes on a range of subjects including management, supervision, communication, career support, negotiation and information technology.
These programmes are only open to staff members of the United Nations.
SkillPort is the learning management platform for OHRM’s e-learning opportunities.
More about UN Skillport and how to access it.
Click here to access the recommended list of courses from the UN Skillport.
- self-pacing internet-based training
- complements the instructor-led training programmes offered by OHRM
- customized to the UN’s OHRM curricula and is provided by an external vendor, SKILLSOFT Corporation.