This section contains up to date information on the Biological Weapons Convention, efforts of States Parties, the work of the Chair and activities undertaken by the Implementation Support Unit.
- Chair briefs regional groups - on Wednesday 17 April the 2013 BWC Chair, Judit Koromu of Hungary, briefed the Eastern European Group (10.30), the Western Group (11.30) and the Group of NAM and Other States (15.00). Her comments covered plans for the Meeting of Experts, sponsorship and universalization, as well as background papers
- BWC reaches 170 States Parties - four states have joined so far in 2013: Cameroon on 18 January; Nauru on 5 March; Guyana on 26 March; and Malawi on 2 April.
- Nauru accedes to the Biological Weapons Convention - the United States, as Depositary Government, confirmed the accession of Nauru to the Convention on 5 March 2013. This brings the membership of the BWC to 168 States Parties.
- BWC 2013 Chairman writes to States Parties - on 18 February, the Chairman of the 2013 meetings of the BWC, Ms. Judit Körömi, wrote to States Parties to outline her plans for the year. The letter also included information on the sponsorship programme, universality and CBMs.
- Cameroon accedes to the Biological Weapons Convention - the United States, as Depositary Government, confirmed the accession of Cameroon to the Convention on 18 January 2013. This brings the membership of the BWC to 167 States Parties.
Older news items are available on the News Archive page