On this page you will find the latest information concerning the CCW and its Protocols and
the work of the Officeholders, Coordinators and CCW Implementation Support Unit.
The CCW Informal and Open-Ended Preparatory Meeting will be held on Friday 24 June at 3pm, room VII, Palais des Nations.
An advanced version
of the Report of the Informal Meeting of Experts on LAWS under the Chair's personal responsibility is now available.
An advanced version
of the recommendations for further work on LAWS to be considered by the 2016 Review Conference, as agreed on by consensus at the Meeting of Experts, is now available.
You can find a short film on this year's LAWS Meetings of Experts by the Campaign to Stop Killer Robots here
Audio recordings of the last year's CCW conferences and this year's meeting of experts can be accessed at: http://conf.unog.ch/digitalrecordings/
The web pages for the Amended Protocol II
, Protocol V
Meetings of Experts have now been updated. States are welcome to submit copies of statements that they made during these meetings.
Please find attached a letter
on CCW Compliance Reporting from the President-designate, Ambassador Tehmina Janjua.
*The dates for meetings and conferences of the CCW in 2016
are the following:
- 6-7 April 2016 – Protocol V Meeting of Experts
- 7-8 April 2016 - Amended Protocol II Group of Experts
- 11-15 April 2016 – LAWS Meeting of Experts - Chairperson, Ambassador Michael Biontino of Germany
- 29 August 2016 – Protocol V Tenth Conference – President, Ambassador Henk Cor van der Kwast of the Netherlands
- 30 August 2016 – Amended Protocol II Eighteenth Annual Conference - President, Ambassador Janis Karklins of Latvia
- 31 August – 2 September 2016 - Meeting of the Preparatory Committee for the Fifth Review Conference – President, Ambassador Tehmina Janjua of Pakistan
- 12-16 December 2016 – CCW Fifth Review Conference - President, Ambassador Tehmina Janjua of Pakistan
Information for States parties, observer States, intergovernmental organizations and non-governmental organizations
* * *
Côte d'Ivoire Joins Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons, becoming 123rd State Party
Montenegro Joins Protocol V to the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons
Lesotho Joins Amended Article 1 and Protocols IV and V to the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons
See UNODA Homepage
Go to Top