On this page you will find the latest information concerning the CCW and its Protocols and
the work of the Officeholders, Coordinators and CCW Implementation Support Unit.
Below are the dates and duration of the CCW meetings which will be held in 2015:
7 - 8 April 2015
Meeting of Experts on Protocol V
9 - 10 April 2015
Group of Experts on Amended Protocol II
13 - 17 April 2015
Meeting of Experts on Lethal Autonomous Weapons Systems (up to five days during the week of 13 to 17 April 2015)
9 - 10 November 2015
Ninth Conference of the High Contracting Parties to Protocol V
11 November 2015
Seventeenth Annual Conference of the High Contracting Parties to Amended Protocol II
12 - 13 November 2015
Meeting of the High Contracting Parties to the Convention
- Please find attached the timetable for the week of CCW conferences.
- Please find attached a letter from the President-designate of the Eighth Conference of the High Contracting Parties to Protocol V, concerning a proposal for a review of the implementation of Protocol V.
- Click here to access the documents for the 2014 CCW meetings of High Contracting Parties.
- Congratulations to Iraq on joining the CCW and Greece on joining Protocol V!
- Please find attached a letter on the preparation for the upcoming CCW Conference, from Ambassador Henczel.
- On Wednesday 17 September, 3:00pm, Room IX of the Palais des Nations, the informal preparatory meeting for the upcoming CCW conferences in November will be held. This is an opportunity to hear from this year's CCW, Amended Protocol II and Protocol V President-designates and Coordinators on their plans and key issues for the upcoming conferences.
- On Thursday 18 September, 3:00pm, Room IX of the Palais des Nations, there will be a briefing for new disarmament diplomats and States not yet party to the CCW. This briefing will set out the background to the CCW and its Protocols and the work that is currently taking place on Amended Protocol II, Protocol V and lethal autonomous weapons systems.
- The deadline for the submission of Amended Protocol II, CCW Compliance and Protocol V national annual reports has now passed. However, it is not too late to submit your country's reports. If you have not yet done so please contact the CCW Implementation Support Unit.
Lunchtime side events during the CCW conferences in November 2013 at the Palais des Nations, from 1.15 p.m. to 2.45 p.m.
* * *
- Tuesday, 12 November, Room XXIV, Syria's Use of Incendiary Weapons, organized by Human Rights Watch
- Wednesday, 13 November, Room XXIV, Fully autonomous weapons, organized by the Campaign to Stop Killer Robots
- Thursday, 14 November, Room XXV, Directed Energy, Acoustic and Electroshock Weapons, organized by the Permanent Mission of Finland
- Friday, 15 November, Room XXIV, Current Initiatives on Weapons and Humanitarian Concerns, organized by Article 36
- Please find attached a letter from this year's President-designates on the preparations for this year's CCW, Amended Protocol II and Protocol V conferences.
- France as President-designate of this year's CCW Meeting of High Contracting Parties has hosted a seminar on fully autonomous weapons systems on Tuesday 3 September. The invitation to the seminar is attached here.
- Kuwait has joined the CCW, including Protocol I, Amended Protocol II, Protocol III, Protocol IV, Protocol V and the amendment to Article 1 of the Convention! The press release welcoming Kuwait's accession to the CCW is available here.
Go to Top
- The President-designate of the Protocol V Seventh Conference has sent a letter to all delegations reminding them about the new Protocol V reporting template on victim assistance. The new reporting template is now available here.