CCW - Latest Information
On this page you will find the latest information concerning the CCW and its Protocols and
the work of the Officeholders, Coordinators and CCW Implementation Support Unit.
The dates and duration of the CCW meetings scheduled for next year are as follows:
- Amended Protocol II Group of Experts: 1 - 2 April 2014
- Protocol V Meeting of Experts: 3 - 4 April 2014
- Meeting of Experts on Lethal autonomous weapons systems: 13 - 16 May 2014
- Protocol V Eighth Conference of the High Contracting Parties: 10 - 11 November 2014
- Amended Protocol II Sixteenth Annual Conference of the High Contracting Parties: 12 November 2014
- Meeting of the High Contracting Parties to the Convention: 13 - 14 November 2014
* * *
Lunchtime side events during the CCW conferences in November 2013 at the Palais des Nations, from 1.15 p.m. to 2.45 p.m.
- Tuesday, 12 November, Room XXIV, Syria's Use of Incendiary Weapons, organized by Human Rights Watch
- Wednesday, 13 November, Room XXIV, Fully autonomous weapons, organized by the Campaign to Stop Killer Robots
- Thursday, 14 November, Room XXV, Directed Energy, Acoustic and Electroshock Weapons, organized by the Permanent Mission of Finland
- Friday, 15 November, Room XXIV, Current Initiatives on Weapons and Humanitarian Concerns, organized by Article 36
* * *
- Please find attached a letter from this year's President-designates on the preparations for this year's CCW, Amended Protocol II and Protocol V conferences.
- France as President-designate of this year's CCW Meeting of High Contracting Parties has hosted a seminar on fully autonomous weapons systems on Tuesday 3 September. The invitation to the seminar is attached here.
- Kuwait has joined the CCW, including Protocol I, Amended Protocol II, Protocol III, Protocol IV, Protocol V and the amendment to Article 1 of the Convention! The press release welcoming Kuwait's accession to the CCW is available here.
Go to Top
- The President-designate of the Protocol V Seventh Conference has sent a letter to all delegations reminding them about the new Protocol V reporting template on victim assistance. The new reporting template is now available here.