Article 13 of Amended Protocol II provides for a conference of High Contracting Parties to the Protocol to be held annually for the purpose of consultations and cooperation on all issues relating to the Protocol.
Pursuant to the relevant decision of the 2014 Sixteenth Annual Conference (Geneva, 12 November 2014), the Seventeenth Annual Conference
of the High Contracting Parties to Amended Protocol II will be held on 11 November 2015
in the Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland. The Conference will be presided by Mr. Raimonds Jansons, Ambassador of Latvia
and he will be assisted by three Vice-Presidents representing China, France and Guatemala.
The Conference will review the status and operation of the Protocol and consider matters arising from reports by High Contracting Parties according to paragraph 4 of Article 13 of Amended Protocol II, as well as development of technologies to protect civilians against indiscriminate effects of mines. The Conference will also consider the issue on Improvised Explosive Devices.
The Conference will consider, in particular, the work of the informal open-ended Group of Experts,
established by the Tenth Annual Conference, which will take place on 9 and 10 April 2015.
The Coordinators for this year are:
- Mr. David Puzstai of Hungary is Coordinator on the Operation and status of the Protocol; matters arising from reports by the High Contracting Parties according to Article 13 (4) of APII, as well as the development of technologies to protect civilians against indiscriminate effects of mines.
- Capt. (Navy) Erwan Roche of France is Coordinator on Improvised Explosive Devices, who is assisted by Mr. Igor Moldovan of The Republic of Moldova as Co-Coordinator.
Rules of Procedure
for Annual Conferences of the High Contracting Parties to Amended Protocol II
Documents for the Seventeenth Annual Conference:
Rules of Procedure - Corrigendum
The Letter from the Coordinator and Co-Coordinator submitting the Questionnaire
to States Parties
The deadline for submitting the responses to the Questionnaire is Friday, 30 October 2015
Please submit your responses to the CCW Implementation Support Unit (email@example.com)
- Draft Provisional Agenda
- Advance version of the Coordinator's Report on the Operation and status of Amended Protocol II
- Advance version of the Coordinator's Report on Improvised Explosive Devices
- Draft text of the annual Appeal for the universality of Amended Protocol II
More information on the Seventeenth Annual Conference will follow soon.
۩ Go to Top