This page contains the database on explosive remnants of war (ERW database) consisting of the requests for assistance and their annual updates pursuant to Articles 7 and 8 of the Protocol. The ERW database was established by the First Conference of the High Contracting Parties to the Protocol .
The requests for assistance and their updates should contain the following information, if available:
(a) Unexploded Ordnance (UXO):
- the general location of known and probable UXO;
- the types and approximate number of explosive ordnance in the targeted areas;
- any information available on the explosive ordnance including colour, size and shape and other relevant markings;
- the method used for safe disposal of the explosive ordnance.
(b) Abandoned Explosive Ordnance (AXO):
- the location of the AXO;
- the approximate number of AXO at each specific site;
- the types of AXO at each specific site;
- any information available on the AXO, including colour, size and shape;
- information on type and methods of packing for AXO;
- state of readiness;
- the location and nature of any booby-traps known to be present in the area of AXO.
(c) Appraisal of needs; status of clearance; as appropriate the care, rehabilitation and social and economic reintegration of ERW victims; programmes for destruction of ERW, as well as measures taken to provide immediate and effective warning and risk education to population.
|To see the Formats for requesting assistance, which are under consideration by the High Contracting Parties and may be used to submit a request for assistance under Protocol V, please click here.|
۩ Go to Top
Appraisal of needs