On this page you will find the latest information concerning the CCW and its Protocols and
the work of the Officeholders, Coordinators and CCW Implementation Support Unit.
*Registration for the Preparatory Committee: the deadline for registering to attend these conferences is Monday 15 August 2016. Note verbales setting out the individual members of each delegation must be submitted to the CCW Implementation via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: +41 22 917 0054. The note verbales must clearly indicate those delegates that require a badge to enter the Palais des Nations.
Advanced versions of the documents for the Protocol V and Amended Protocol II conferences and the CCW Preparatory Committee are now available on the respective websites for each of these conferences.
An advanced version
of the Report of the Informal Meeting of Experts on LAWS under the Chair's personal responsibility is now available.
An advanced version
of the recommendations for further work on LAWS to be considered by the 2016 Review Conference, as agreed on by consensus at the Meeting of Experts, is now available.
Audio recordings of the last year's CCW conferences and this year's meeting of experts can be accessed at: http://conf.unog.ch/digitalrecordings/
Please find attached a letter
on CCW Compliance Reporting from the President-designate, Ambassador Tehmina Janjua.
*The dates for meetings and conferences of the CCW in 2016
are the following:
- 6-7 April 2016 – Protocol V Meeting of Experts
- 7-8 April 2016 - Amended Protocol II Group of Experts
- 11-15 April 2016 – LAWS Meeting of Experts - Chairperson, Ambassador Michael Biontino of Germany
- 29 August 2016 – Protocol V Tenth Conference – President, Ambassador Henk Cor van der Kwast of the Netherlands
- 30 August 2016 – Amended Protocol II Eighteenth Annual Conference - President, Ambassador Janis Karklins of Latvia
- 31 August – 2 September 2016 - Meeting of the Preparatory Committee for the Fifth Review Conference – President, Ambassador Tehmina Janjua of Pakistan
- 12-16 December 2016 – CCW Fifth Review Conference - President, Ambassador Tehmina Janjua of Pakistan
Information for States parties, observer States, intergovernmental organizations and non-governmental organizations
* * *
Côte d'Ivoire Joins Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons, becoming 123rd State Party
Montenegro Joins Protocol V to the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons
Lesotho Joins Amended Article 1 and Protocols IV and V to the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons
See UNODA Homepage
Go to Top